• 4(current)
[RELEASE] Aeon Nox 3.0 (deprecated)
(2012-05-24, 17:25)phil65 Wrote:
(2012-05-24, 17:23)Death-Axe Wrote: Selecting any addon from the icon pannel just gets stuck at "retrieved 0 items" :-(

screenshot, please.
(2012-05-24, 17:04)muzzakus Wrote:
(2012-05-24, 16:59)Death-Axe Wrote: Yeeeeyyyyyy! just setting up though and it froze xbmc on the colour settings for featured. Oops. not a big deal though I don't really use the featured bit.

The lockup may be random. I get it in unrelated circumstances on occasion. Not sure if it skin or Eden as I've gone to both at the same time. Luckily it's not too frequent, and only seems to happen during frenzied navigation, I.e during re-configuration, not in normal usage.

also here: please post the logs, it´s most probably a script issue, either artistslideshow or moviesets addon.

Is it the crash log you're after? That doesn't seem to be generated consistently

For example just then I resumed a movie from the recent widget, the movie played and keept playing, but the remote becomes completely unresponsive, this also effects iPad constellation remote app. Movie plays but system is not accepting any input. I shut down the Revo, came back and the same exact thing happened with a tv show from recommended widget. So this behaviours is on top of complete xbmc freeze in the GUI that occasionally happens.

To note, the system can always shut down gracefully via the power button, where the xbmc splashcreen shows during the shutdown.

But now magically, everything is stable. It's almost if there is some timing conflict in some script or something, perhaps watchlist, but what do I know.

(2012-05-24, 17:38)muzzakus Wrote:
(2012-05-24, 17:25)phil65 Wrote:
(2012-05-24, 17:23)Death-Axe Wrote: Selecting any addon from the icon pannel just gets stuck at "retrieved 0 items" :-(

screenshot, please.
(2012-05-24, 17:04)muzzakus Wrote: The lockup may be random. I get it in unrelated circumstances on occasion. Not sure if it skin or Eden as I've gone to both at the same time. Luckily it's not too frequent, and only seems to happen during frenzied navigation, I.e during re-configuration, not in normal usage.

also here: please post the logs, it´s most probably a script issue, either artistslideshow or moviesets addon.

Is it the crash log you're after? That doesn't seem to be generated consistently

For example just then I resumed a movie from the recent widget, the movie played and keept playing, but the remote becomes completely unresponsive, this also effects iPad constellation remote app. Movie plays but system is not accepting any input. I shut down the Revo, came back and the same exact thing happened with a tv show from recommended widget. So this behaviours is on top of complete xbmc freeze in the GUI that occasionally happens.

To note, the system can always shut down gracefully via the power button, where the xbmc splashcreen shows during the shutdown.

But now magically, everything is stable. It's almost if there is some timing conflict in some script or something, perhaps watchlist, but what do I know.

no, the normal debug log file, please.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
Not sure if you saw my edited post, I posted in the windows section with debug file as it is probably not skin related. I was using the same build of frodo as I was last night; but non of my internet based addons are working at all. Not sure what has gone wrong, I did remove some repos and whatnot that I no longer use, so maybe it was that.

Link here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=132273

I have had quite a lot of freezeups today, might go back to 11.0 and I'll just have to put up with the pops on my digital audio (the new audio engine fully works with my surround sound system you see and I can fully utilise the features of my logitech system including the effect button. with 11.0 my effect button doesn't work at all and I get popping sounds when the sound is paused for a bit like the digital connection goes to sleep)
HTPC: Motherboard: Asus F2A85-V, CPU: AMD A10 6800K, RAM: Kingston XMP BEAST 16GB, Samsung 840 EVO 250GB, LG CH12NS30 Blu-Ray drive, Samsung, and WD various 2 and 3TB for storage, Windows 8.1, one for all remote/FLIRC, Logitech z906 surround system.
(2012-05-24, 17:59)phil65 Wrote:
(2012-05-24, 17:38)muzzakus Wrote:
(2012-05-24, 17:25)phil65 Wrote: screenshot, please.

Hmm getting a lot of this video plays than no ability to control...here are the logs...

Your debug xbmc.log: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=2939
Your debug xbmc.old.log: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=2940
Your XBMC crashlog: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=2941

Ok, not a fan of the forced upgrade (yes I know can be rolled back).
Not a fan of the loss of all settings (there should have been some level of conversion of old to new settings)
Why does rollback show 2.0 as "Blacklisted"?

(2012-05-24, 18:30)muzzakus Wrote:
(2012-05-24, 17:59)phil65 Wrote:
(2012-05-24, 17:38)muzzakus Wrote: Is it the crash log you're after? That doesn't seem to be generated consistently

Hmm getting a lot of this video plays than no ability to control...here are the logs...

Your debug xbmc.log: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=2939
Your debug xbmc.old.log: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=2940
Your XBMC crashlog: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=2941

you seem to have some problems with sound, please activate debug setting in xbmc and try to recreate again.
does it happen in other skins?
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
I got quite a shock when the add on updated itself lol.

A bit put out that I lost all my settings, but seeing the awesome changes I can understand why.

There doesn't seem to be a way to choose all tvsows as the background images for my tv shows menu item... Can you tell me how to do it?

Thanks
(2012-05-24, 18:33)kelendral Wrote: Ok, not a fan of the forced upgrade (yes I know can be rolled back).
Not a fan of the loss of all settings (there should have been some level of conversion of old to new settings)

I´m not a fan of people who do not read the thread before posting.
(2012-05-24, 18:40)Rumik Wrote: I got quite a shock when the add on updated itself lol.

A bit put out that I lost all my settings, but seeing the awesome changes I can understand why.

There doesn't seem to be a way to choose all tvsows as the background images for my tv shows menu item... Can you tell me how to do it?

Thanks

you have to use artwork organizer addon and choose a custom folder as background then. "random episodes" bg option should also be okay perhaps.
(2012-05-24, 18:33)kelendral Wrote: Ok, not a fan of the forced upgrade (yes I know can be rolled back).

Not possible to convert the settings. If it could be done we would have. If the rollback is greyed out, it means the packages folder is missing the 2.0.0 zip package.

Then turn off auto update. It's your choice
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
There is no random episodes option, though that would be great. For movies too. What are the featured shows/movies?
(2012-05-24, 15:38)EmuZombie Wrote: My wife calls me at work today. Tells me "the tv is broken" She tells me the tv is really dark and none of the menus look right.

Turns out the skin auto updated itself overnight and due to a bug in xbmc, it was stuck in dim screen saver mode.

I found out I could never work in tech support. It was such a pain instructing her how to fix and and do a rollback.

I would like to point out, auto updating to a version that loses all settings, even if it can be undone, is not exactly the best behavior. Imagine if that happened to every application and game you own. You wake up or come back from lunch to find the app updated on its own and, oh, by the way, all your settings are gone and your either can set them all again or rollback.

Turn off Auto-Update Addons and you won't have this problem
(2012-05-24, 18:47)Rumik Wrote: There is no random episodes option, though that would be great. For movies too. What are the featured shows/movies?

they are the random ones. (sorry, my skin here is translated german, so i´m not always 100% sure about labelling)
Oh my god! The end of the world! Some user lost their settings!
Really ... New skin --> New settings, isn't that hard to understand or?
(2012-05-24, 18:43)Big_Noid Wrote:

Not possible to convert the settings. If it could be done we would have. If the rollback is greyed out, it means the packages folder is missing the 2.0.0 zip package.

Understood.
Rollback is not grayed out. It rolls back to 2.0 just fine. It just lists it as Blacklisted. It doesn't say that for any of the other prior versions I had run. I was kind of curious as to why (reference to another comment: this was not mentioned in the thread as far as I saw).

• 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Aeon Nox 3.0 (deprecated)9