Multiple TV Libraries on one machine
I currently have a Windows media center recording the Wife's TV shows, it saves them as WTV files and then I use WTVrenamer to rename them accordingly and move them into folders based on the shows title and season. My questions is I would like to make this folder available in XBMC but I don't want it in the main library, is there a way to have a second library, I know i can just have the folder as a shortcut but the browsing is a bit cumbersome for the wife. Currently I use Plex and I just have a section for the Recorded TV but I am unhappy with Plex and this is the last bit before I can get the wife to move over.
Sounds like you'd want to set up a playlist for the shows you don't want included in the main library, and then another playlist that excludes the second "library's" shows from the main library. Then, depending on the skin you use, you can add shortcuts to the main menu.

I use this method for my "regular" tvshows and kids tvshows.
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
You can make multiple user Profiles (wiki) in XBMC. It's great, you can have each person with their own log-in to XBMC with their own library and watch history, skin settings, etc.
Yea I went with the playlist solution its not ideal, but it kind of works for now.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Multiple TV Libraries on one machine0