Android XBMC Companion
The update fixed the connection issue, but now causes a force close.. I sent a couple crash logs your way tho
Just released a new version which should help you.

Connecting now and retrieving data, nice! Big Grin

It doesn't show any background images, but I am using <useddsfanart>true</useddsfanart> in advancedsettings.xml so that might be the issue
4x R-Pi4b LibreELEC v10 | Aeon Nox: SiLVO | Flirc cases
Storage Synology DS411 | 4 x WD RED 6TB
Software MariaDB 10.4.19 | Filebot | Ember Media Manager
wiki (wiki) | First time user (wiki) | Debug_Log (wiki) | mysql (wiki) | artwork (wiki)
Im still having some issues after the update.. seems to just force close when it enters the app during media playback.. Hope to see this working for me eventually Smile I sent you a crashlog in the meantime!
zerocool_ie, skabyss, do you think you could send me logs from logcat (https://play.google.com/store/search?q=logcat) it's the only way i'll be able to see what's going on.
iksela, sorry I had forgot about this for a minute!

Turns out your app is working! I'm not sure what the issue was I was having.. but it does crash when playing media that isnt in the 'library' if I remember correctly.

But like zerocool I dont get any fanart background.. But this seems like it is most likely caused by the nightlies as they made quite a few changes with how all that is handled.
Yes, problem is, if the media isn't in the library, XBMC hasn't parsed it's info..
First: Thanks for the app. It's awesome, simple and usefull.

I can bring a couple of ideas:
- Maybe default port should be 8080, just like XBMC default port.
- Tablet landscape mode could show 3 columns wiith all the fragments.
- Cast tab is a little "messy". If possble, could be nice align left odd ones and right even ones.

I'll try to make a couple of mock ups.
Hi dernalis,

Thanks for your feedback, it's appreciated.
Tablet landscape mode is exactly what I had in mind.
Unfortunately, I don't have the time to work on XBMC Companion at the moment. However, I'll review and merge any pull request made on the project's GitHub (https://github.com/iksela/XBMC-Companion).

If you're knowledgeable in Android, or willing to learn, now is your chance!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Companion2