AppleTV 2 (black) - Anyway to downgrade iOS in ATV2?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
snaw Offline
Guys,

Friend has asked me to jailbreak his ATV2 which I volunteered to do, given I'd done a couple of ATV1's for myself, thinking no problemo. Oops.

Long story short his ATV2 is on the latest iOS - 5.1.1 (5.0.1), and I'd like to do an untethered jailbreak for him. Seems like there's no way to do that on the latest version, so I thought maybe I can restore an older version - anyone got any ideas on how I go about this (Or alt how I jailbreak untethered his version).

Apologies if I've missed some later update, have spent a couple of hours trying to figure this out for myself before posting.

Cheers all.
find quote
Ned Scott Offline
Team-Kodi Wiki Guy
The only way to downgrade is if the shsh blobs were saved while on that version of iOS. It's something one has to specifically do, and if this is the first time the unit is being jailbroken then he most likely did not save any shsh blobs for earlier iOS versions.

You can make easy links to the XBMC wiki using double brackets around common XBMC words: [[debug log]] = debug log, [[Video library]] = Video library, [[SMB]] = SMB , [[userdata]] = userdata, etc
find quote
canadave Offline
Fan
A new untethered jailbreak for 5.1.1 for ATV2 was released this morning, so looks like you're in luck Wink

- rooted Amazon FireTV running XBMC Gotham 13.2
- 2011 Macbook Pro, running OSX Yosemite
- Skin: Aeon Nox 5
- Connecting to MySQL database on Synology DS411+ NAS via NFS.
find quote