Dougie Fresh's A6 Pack HT100 build
(2012-05-30, 18:20)DJ_Izumi Wrote: I think that some of the small thermoresistors inside the system are actually just horribly out of calibration.
It seems that you have a faulty one......

If you have the infrared thermometer, you might be able to measure the actual temp......

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
(2012-05-30, 18:57)bluray Wrote: If you have the infrared thermometer, you might be able to measure the actual temp......

Not necessarily though, I have no idea what those sensors are all for. If I just use EasyTune, it reports idle temps for the 'system' at 32'C and for the 'CPU' at 25'C. The CPU hits about 60'C when slammed with Prime95.

If I look between SpeedFan and EasyTune, it'd seem that 'Temp1' is the 'System' (Probably motherboard sensor) and Temp3 is the CPU temp. As for Temp2, GPU and Core that SpeedFan finds, I have no idea. They seem to actually be irrelevent however.

25'C for the CPU still seems low, even if idle however. Myeh, whatever. It doesn't crash under Prme95 so what else matters?
I installed the NT07-AM2 this weekend. It's definitely quite a bit smaller than the Shuriken. Here are some pictures:

I found this helpful video on how to remove the stock heatsink mounting clips. However, I found I was able to just push the pins in from the bottom with my fingernail -- no tools needed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYPO8SXM4pY
Looking good Dougie Fresh!.....

Yup I used my finger nails too!!!!! Smile

I am digging your set up too!

So many builds so little money!.....

When I am done this will have all the bells-and-whistles like a slot-load blu-ray and LCD front display.

I just need to find time to work on it!
I appreciate your efforts doing this so the community will just buy something that works. Smile

My A6-PACK I am loving more now everyday I turn it on.... since it all works like it suppose too.
I am just waiting on these guys to show up:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6820104260

So I can finish my build!
gotta love HyperX's Smile
So you plan running it only with the CPU fan? correct? That will be nice and quiet....

Eskro you are a G Skill Fan... what are you talking about..... Smile you use G skill.... lol
Ok, so the unexpected happen while I was waiting for the memory to arrive -- I sold the HT100 case Smile.

This build is now an E-i5 A6-3500 Smile. When I am done I am going to sell it as a barebones so it'll be all set up for adding an SSD and XBMC Smile.

First, though, I'll be installing an SSD and Windows 8 to play a bit and test it all out.
(2012-06-13, 18:55)Dougie Fresh Wrote: Ok, so the unexpected happen while I was waiting for the memory to arrive -- I sold the HT100 case Smile.

This build is now an E-i5 A6-3500 Smile. When I am done I am going to sell it as a barebones so it'll be all set up for adding an SSD and XBMC Smile.

First, though, I'll be installing an SSD and Windows 8 to play a bit and test it all out.

JAJA.... are you not planning to keep it?
Wink
(2012-06-13, 20:06)Beer40oz Wrote:
(2012-06-13, 18:55)Dougie Fresh Wrote: Ok, so the unexpected happen while I was waiting for the memory to arrive -- I sold the HT100 case Smile.

JAJA.... are you not planning to keep it?
Wink

Sometimes you just run out of funds and have to sell. I've already got a good HTPC with the G530/HD5450. You know what I mean?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...1090725742
i exactly know what you mean.... Smile cool!
Maybe someone will want an E-i5 A6-PACK and it'll be all ready for them to enjoy!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Dougie Fresh's A6 Pack HT100 build1