• 14(current)
iPad 3 and xbmc?
(2012-12-20, 21:14)ChipsAhoy Wrote: linusyang-

Any chance you've had time to try to work in the HDMI 2nd display fix?

Thanks!

@ChipsAhoy It seems that HDMI TV-out is a new feature only for Frodo v12. Bringing this feature to Eden is more complicated than I thought before, since the iOS part of v12 has changed a lot and plenty of code has to be modified. So, I decide to wait for Frodo final version and build a new custom version when it is released. Confused
(2012-12-20, 22:56)basslover Wrote:
(2012-12-09, 18:23)linusyang Wrote:
(2012-12-03, 11:18)Memphiz Wrote: Nope these changes need some more work (tearing problems as reported by some testers here) and i will continue working on it after Frodo release. So this improvement will not be part of Frodo (because it needs iOS 5.1 SDK which will make XBMC incompatible to all iOS 4.2 devices which we didn't want to do for Frodo).

Haven't been here for a long time! Anyone interested with an Eden build applied Memphiz's patches for iPad 3 which he mentioned above? Here is the download page: https://code.google.com/p/yangapp/downlo...os-arm.deb

Hope Frodo final release will come soon! Blush

.srt Unicode Subtitle Lagging issue is much much better now. But if you really really see it carefully, there still might be 1 frame delay I can feel. but this can already be ignored. Would the .srt fix go on to ATV2 eventually?

@basslover The current fix which I used to build this Eden version is only a temporary plan. It just disables the border rendering of TTF font to decrease the CPU consumption. Maybe the algorithm XBMC currently used to parse TTF font file should be polished for mobile devices as it often consumes a lot of CPU resource. Sad
Linus, just installed your eden version, will test it but it looks very promising! Many thanks for doing this eden build! Its great when the rest of the xbmc boxes are running eden with sql server! Thanks!
Anyone tested the mirroring with hdmi out?
(2012-12-20, 17:45)Ned Scott Wrote: I talked my folks into getting an iPad 4. That screen... oh man.

Same screen as iPad 3, but not jailbreakable. Whats the point of that?
(2012-11-05, 22:30)Memphiz Wrote: Please ipad3 users test this build with 1080p content and give feedback:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/30371861/org.xb...pu2gpu.deb

thx

I'm absolutely amazed to be honest.

I can stream 1080p mkvs, and the UI is actually really responsive.

Which build is superior, this one or Linus' one?

(2012-12-09, 18:23)linusyang Wrote:
(2012-12-03, 11:18)Memphiz Wrote: Nope these changes need some more work (tearing problems as reported by some testers here) and i will continue working on it after Frodo release. So this improvement will not be part of Frodo (because it needs iOS 5.1 SDK which will make XBMC incompatible to all iOS 4.2 devices which we didn't want to do for Frodo).

Haven't been here for a long time! Anyone interested with an Eden build applied Memphiz's patches for iPad 3 which he mentioned above? Here is the download page: https://code.google.com/p/yangapp/downlo...os-arm.deb

Hope Frodo final release will come soon! Blush

I have Eden 11.0 on my PC & HTPC, I've set up MYSQL so that I can pause on one and continue on another. It would be a dream come true, if I could also do this with my iPad.

There's no advanced settings to configure in the iPad version, so how would I go about doing it?

Is it possible? If it is, I'm assuming if it's possible, it would only possible if I install Linus' version, because the versions have to be the same if you're using MYSQL right?

How would I go about doing it? Has anyone done it?

Would appreciate any help, advice, or comments on this topic.

Kindest regards
I would go with linus build, its really great. Go and get the advance settings.xlm file in your atv and put it into your ipad under userdata. Will work, i run it before but now my atvs runs frodo build. Frodo aint working on my ipad for some reason? Rolled back the ipad version to linus and must be running two sql servers because both is working.

Yes the versions must be the same.

Xbmc on ipad is so great! I have a stand near the bed. Just puts it there and streams movies. Now you wonder why i dont use a tv? Well i use my earpods to not disturb my crazy wife. I could swear its surround system in the earpods. Or its just my head? And the retina display is just so amazing! The stand i found on ebay.
(2013-01-04, 03:37)hovnarr Wrote: I would go with linus build, its really great. Go and get the advance settings.xlm file in your atv and put it into your ipad under userdata. Will work, i run it before but now my atvs runs frodo build. Frodo aint working on my ipad for some reason? Rolled back the ipad version to linus and must be running two sql servers because both is working.

Yes the versions must be the same.

Xbmc on ipad is so great! I have a stand near the bed. Just puts it there and streams movies. Now you wonder why i dont use a tv? Well i use my earpods to not disturb my crazy wife. I could swear its surround system in the earpods. Or its just my head? And the retina display is just so amazing! The stand i found on ebay.

Tried it, worked.

But I reverted the changes, because it slowed it down significantly. It takes 25 seconds to open up the movie folder if I'm using MYSQL on my iPad.

Deleted the advancedsettings.xml and changed back to 1-2 seconds.

The ability to resume playback is not worth the speed decrease. I wish it would of been faster. As I would of loved to of been able to sync like I do with my HTPC.
Something is wrong then! Mine ipad 3 is much quicker to load movie folder than atv. Show your log files for the devs, they might find whats wrong?

(2013-01-04, 20:12)hovnarr Wrote: Something is wrong then! Mine ipad 3 is much quicker to load movie folder than atv. Show your log files for the devs, they might find whats wrong?

How do I do that?

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=92480
I agree with hovnarr, the shared mysql db loads quickly for me, even with many thousands of movies/shows, on my iPad 3 running the linus build. I am not sharing thumbnails however, as that slows things down pretty significantly for me. My approach is to run update library on one ATV2, and then sync the thumbnails database to the rest of my devices.
Running Frodo RC3 now on ipad too. Wonderful with high resolution and with a snappy interface. Best is the keyboard that seems to work great now!
And of course keysound! Love it!

Have so much love for xbmc!

Edit: And of course for APPLE!
Anyone now if Frodo RC3 on iPad is using the retina display as Linus build? On wiki it says it doesnt?
(2013-01-05, 00:26)ChipsAhoy Wrote: I agree with hovnarr, the shared mysql db loads quickly for me, even with many thousands of movies/shows, on my iPad 3 running the linus build. I am not sharing thumbnails however, as that slows things down pretty significantly for me. My approach is to run update library on one ATV2, and then sync the thumbnails database to the rest of my devices.

What version are you using?

Can anyone confirm MYSQL working properly with the Linus version?
Yes, I am running the Linus version on my iPad 3, and Eden on my ATV2s. MySQL works great..
  • 14(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
iPad 3 and xbmc?0