'Busy, Please Wait' dialog
When playing videos from my Library, I commonly have a dialog pop up that says 'Busy; Please Wait' for a small period of time. I'm curious what this little pause before playing the video actually is, and what the cause is. Is this XBMC loading data off a drive, and if so, is it off the drive the video is on, or the drive the XBMC library is on? Is this the CPU or memory catching up to get ready for playback?

I'd like to upgrade my HTPC to eliminate this issue, so I'm thinking I need to get an SSD drive for my Windows system and XBMC, along with all the library files. Would that be the fix? Or is this pause reliant on a slower CPU or memory?
Without knowing your system specs, knowing if the media files are on a local drive or on a networked drive, or having a log with debugging enabled, it is quite hard to figure out what would be your best upgrade choice if it is needed.
It's a 2.6GHz AMD dual core, 2GB of memory and everything are on local hard drives. My specific question, though, is what would cause delays in starting videos on Library mode? Is it perhaps due to accessing library file information, or is it simply from accessing the media itself?
please enable debug logging by selecting settings...network then make sure enable debug logging is checked, then try to re create the issue and post the log file, (output) to a site like pastebin and post the link here.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Debug-log
Proper Usage of a debug log
If I managed to help you in any way, please add to my reputation

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
'Busy, Please Wait' dialog0