FTP File transfer programs
Hey guys, what's going on? I'm having a bit of an issue with Filezilla and was wondering if there are any other FTP programs out there that may better suite my needs.

The issue with Filezilla is that I have a couple hundred movies in my collection and transfer them from my desktop in another room to the 2TB HDD installed in my HTPC via my wireless network. This would be all fine and good except for the fact that I edit the Metadata quite often in my collection and sometimes lose track of what movies I have edited and what I have not. So more often then not I have to transfer the entire folder from the desktop to HTPC. I do this because in reality the only files that should be swapped over are the ones that are non existent on the HTPC HDD. Filezilla does great at first by asking me what I want to do with the already placed files but after I select to skip the ones that are already there it only skips a few then begins to transfer everything after resulting in most movies being doubled or even tripled on the HTPC. Is there another FTP client out there that does a better job at recognizing duplicate files already existing?
AFAIK there isn't a free FTP client that does this type of thing.

What you ultimately want to move towards is something like rsync...you'll have to abandon the ftp transfer for that though.

rsync can be used to only transfer new and/or modified files - this is the type of functionality that you should be shooting for.

----------------------------------

After a little googlefu I found this: http://www.superflexible.com/features.htm can't vouch for it but seems to be 'rsync-like' and also supports FTP - a closer look might be warranted.
If I helped out pls give me a +

A bunch of XBMC instances, big-ass screen in the basement + a 20TB FreeBSD, ZFS server.
What is AFAIK? And thank you I will look into it.
As Far As I Know and I am pretty sure there are ftp clients that can replace modified files only altho I cannot think of one right now. Having said that I agree that rsync is what u should aim for.
Maraschino - github - website
Have you tried Cyberduck?
(2012-05-28, 06:56)Ned Scott Wrote: Have you tried Cyberduck?

Haven't seen that one either but I will look into it. Thanks!
What OS are you using? In case you're using windows I can only recommend WinSCP: http://winscp.net/eng/index.php

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
FTP File transfer programs0