Override Movie title with .nfo xml tag doesn't work
Maybe I missed something but I try to override the Movie title (with local language) with using a .nfo file and IMDB link below the xml tag for the title.
The IMDB information is retrieved without any problems but overriding the title doesn't work.
Can anyone help me out?

.nfo layout:

Code:
<movie>
        <title>My Title</title>
</movie>
http://www.imdb.de/title/tt123456789/
My NFO work fine, here is an example.

<movie>
<title>50/50</title>
<originaltitle>50/50</originaltitle>
<sorttitle>50/50</sorttitle>
<year>2011</year>
<rating>8.1</rating>
<votes>17</votes>
(2012-05-27, 15:21)gessi2000 Wrote: Maybe I missed something but I try to override the Movie title (with local language) with using a .nfo file and IMDB link below the xml tag for the title.
The IMDB information is retrieved without any problems but overriding the title doesn't work.
Can anyone help me out?

.nfo layout:

Code:
<movie>
        <title>My Title</title>
</movie>
http://www.imdb.de/title/tt123456789/

use the Universal Scraper. You can set there everything according to your taste. e.g. german title, while scraping the rest from imdb.
well, actually you even have this setting in the imdb scraper.
I dont think it has anything to do with the scraper...your problem is that it was already scraped...so you have to remove the video from the library, (do not delete...and do not use ember for this) after the video is removed re-scan the library and the NFO will be used (assuming the NFO is the same name as the movie file name.)
(2012-05-27, 21:52)digitaltomj Wrote: I dont think it has anything to do with the scraper...your problem is that it was already scraped...so you have to remove the video from the library, (do not delete...and do not use ember for this) after the video is removed re-scan the library and the NFO will be used (assuming the NFO is the same name as the movie file name.)

Meh, what I was trying to articulate that if he wants German titles, then there is no point to create his own nfos, because the scraper can do this for him! You got the point?

ps. and no one was mentioning Ember here. Ember is not creating mixed nfos quoted above.
(2012-05-27, 22:18)olympia Wrote:
(2012-05-27, 21:52)digitaltomj Wrote: I dont think it has anything to do with the scraper...your problem is that it was already scraped...so you have to remove the video from the library, (do not delete...and do not use ember for this) after the video is removed re-scan the library and the NFO will be used (assuming the NFO is the same name as the movie file name.)

Meh, what I was trying to articulate that if he wants German titles, then there is no point to create his own nfos, because the scraper can do this for him! You got the point?

ps. and no one was mentioning Ember here. Ember is not creating mixed nfos quoted above.
He would still need to remove and re-scan the file tho since it was already scraped...and I was only clarifying not to use ember cause I told someone to do this once and they deleted it with ember instead of removing from the xbmc library...I just want to avoid unnecessary confusion and the possibility of deleting the original video file.

PS, to let the scraper get the german titles, (after you set the settings in the scraper) you would have to delete the original NFO before the file is re-scanned to xbmc...or you are back to square 1

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Override Movie title with .nfo xml tag doesn't work0