How to change folder for nfo files, pictures and so on?
Hi,

is it possible to change my NFO files from different drives into one central
folder?
Today all the info files NFO, JPG and so on are stored in the different folders
where I have the movies.

If yes, how I to have to do that?
I know you can do it for fan art with the artwork organizer add-on...Im not sure about nfo files tho...but if you are just worried about organizing your media folders outside of xbmc and you are using windows explorer...you can just group your media folder by type so that all you see be default are the media files an the nfos and other files are sorted last
my concern is, to increase the coverflow speed in the skin...
how more movies I load to the database last 5 weeks how more slowly the coverflow works
perhaps the nfo are not responsible for decreasing the speed and the picture files doing so...

so, I will have a look to the artwork organizer add-on...
I will report
NFOs and images only get loaded into XBMC when they get scanned into the library. After that you don't really need those files, as XBMC loads the info from the userdata folder (wiki).
many thx to all for the input...

obvouisly the settings in my HTPC are on best level...and it is how it is....
so I use more and more list views instead of showcase and so on....
You can get a bit more performance out of your covers, at least fetching if they're on an SSD drive, you'll get instant covers if you set-up a ram drive large enough, and copy them to it and use the substitute command for the path... it's kinda wicked, but not for mere mortals.
After that you don't really need those files, as XBMC loads the info from the userdata folder.Image
(2012-05-31, 07:32)PatK Wrote: You can get a bit more performance out of your covers, at least fetching if they're on an SSD drive, you'll get instant covers if you set-up a ram drive large enough, and copy them to it and use the substitute command for the path... it's kinda wicked, but not for mere mortals.

sounds interesting!
I learned, that the covers/pictures a part of the XBMC DB if i load the movie files.
Now I'm a littble bit confused how to make it work, what you discribed....
have I move parts from the XBMC DB to RAM?
I'm not a real PC freak...could you please describe the workflow how to do that?
I guess, I have also to put hands on some XML files for that in XBMC?
(2012-05-31, 10:18)unfy2012 Wrote: After that you don't really need those files, as XBMC loads the info from the userdata folder.Image

so, I can delete all these files from the different folders/drives?
I work on my DB via XBNE...XBNE produces new NFO...
After modification of a movie in XBNE...I have to load it manually again in XBMC..
if I press "update" in XBMC comes a question, if I would update via internet data or
local datas...here I select local datas...the new NFO produced by XBNE...
can I again delelte all these files after updating in XBMC?
(2012-05-31, 10:41)Bladerunner1962 Wrote: littble bit confused how to make it work, I'm not a real PC freak...could you please describe the workflow how to do that?
I guess, I have also to put hands on some XML files for that in XBMC?
Yes you would have to get your hands dirty with advancedsettings.xml and perhaps a batch file. You would need to set up a ram drive of sufficient size to handle your thumbnail folder, copy your thumbnails to that folder. Then in advancedsettings using the substitute command, point at the newly created thumbnails.. it might be easier just to pop an SSD drive in your system..
(2012-05-31, 10:18)unfy2012 Wrote: After that you don't really need those files, as XBMC loads the info from the userdata folder.Image

Quote:so, I can delete all these files from the different folders/drives?
can I again delelte all these files after updating in XBMC?

Yes you can delete the .nfo from your folders after you update, but leaving them in makes a re-scrape pretty quick and painless and they really don't slow down your system to any degree that would be noticeable.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to change folder for nfo files, pictures and so on?0