Anime not showing up
I've been at this for a few hours and I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get my anime to show up in XBMC. I've been searching the forums and fiddling around with the advancedsettings.xml file but regexp just confuses the hell out of me. The folder is being scraped and added to XBMC but no episodes are, thus leaving me with empty series entries.

My anime is organized like so:

E:\Anime\Series Name\Series Name - ### - Episode Title.mp4

I've tried with the aniDB and the TVDB scrapers, my anime is all absolute numbering and I've checked that option off on both Scrapers when I've used them.

Any suggestions or assistance would be much appreciated!

Thanks,
Pawn
Try E:\Anime\Series Name\Season 1\Name.s01e01.Episode Name.mp4 should do it. I think you missed the season designation
When I first got into XBMC, I tried messing with the regular expressions to make it better read my anime files.

I eventually realized that just renaming my files to work with the existing regular expressions was a LOT easier. It also lead to less mistakes with scraping.
(2012-05-27, 16:54)PatK Wrote: Try E:\Anime\Series Name\Season 1\Name.s01e01.Episode Name.mp4 should do it. I think you missed the season designation

I'm kind of fighting for recognition in two programs now... that format got it recognized in XBMC but now MALUpdater can't recognize the episode since it things that the S01 is part of the series name... having the file name as Name.s01.e01.Episode.Name.mp4 seems to have worked out best for me Smile thanks for the help.
I'm having some problems now... mainly with certain series. I have all my anime organized by absolute order but I'm noticing that TVDB treats things differently. For instance, I have Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion and Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion R2. To me, they should be two separate series but TVDB has them both under Lelouch of the Rebellion as Seasons 1 and 2, with no way that I can see of having TVDB detect that LeLouch of the Rebellion R2 should take the info from season 2.

I'm running into the same issues with .Hack//Legend of the Twilight, .Hack//Liminality, and Natsume Yuujinchou.

Anyone have any suggestions here?
(2012-05-28, 03:01)Pawn Wrote: I'm having some problems now... mainly with certain series. I have all my anime organized by absolute order but I'm noticing that TVDB treats things differently. For instance, I have Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion and Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion R2. To me, they should be two separate series but TVDB has them both under Lelouch of the Rebellion as Seasons 1 and 2, with no way that I can see of having TVDB detect that LeLouch of the Rebellion R2 should take the info from season 2.

I'm running into the same issues with .Hack//Legend of the Twilight, .Hack//Liminality, and Natsume Yuujinchou.

Yeah. Rename your 'Lelouch of the Rebellion R2' to be season 2 of 'Lelouch of the Rebellion'. I found it's best to go to TheTVDB first, see how they have stuff organized or named for a series (Names can be important with anime. They may not be using a name you use, they could be using a translation or a full Japanese title instead of an abreviation, or an abreviation instead of a full Japanese title) and make your files fit TheTVDB.
(2012-05-28, 03:01)Pawn Wrote: I'm having some problems now... mainly with certain series. I have all my anime organized by absolute order but I'm noticing that TVDB treats things differently. For instance, I have Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion and Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion R2. To me, they should be two separate series but TVDB has them both under Lelouch of the Rebellion as Seasons 1 and 2, with no way that I can see of having TVDB detect that LeLouch of the Rebellion R2 should take the info from season 2.

This is just a human error thing. Or rather, a human disagreement thing. Some people insist on treating them as seasons, some insist on treating them as series. The bad thing is no one has figured a way to do both and let the end-user just set a preference to which way they want it. It's driven me mad whenever I've scrapped anime.

You might have more luck getting them listed as series by using one of the anime-centric scrapers.
Anyone know about the fit TVDB through over Avatar The Last Airbender? They wanted to make the new sequel series 'Avatar The Legend of Korra' to be the 4th season and beyond of The Last Air Bender. They said they wouldn't listen to any arguements otherwise, but after a loooooot of bitching they made it it's own series entry. And this is a pretty exceptional case of TheTVDB backing down on a decision.

That said, with anime it makes a lot more sense. Sure they seasons have different names but they usually ARE just additional seasons, just with a slightly different name because the Japanese like it that way.
(2012-05-28, 05:56)DJ_Izumi Wrote: Anyone know about the fit TVDB through over Avatar The Last Airbender? They wanted to make the new sequel series 'Avatar The Legend of Korra' to be the 4th season and beyond of The Last Air Bender. They said they wouldn't listen to any arguements otherwise, but after a loooooot of bitching they made it it's own series entry. And this is a pretty exceptional case of TheTVDB backing down on a decision.

That said, with anime it makes a lot more sense. Sure they seasons have different names but they usually ARE just additional seasons, just with a slightly different name because the Japanese like it that way.

One problem comes up with ones that are separated by several years. They often have different people working on them, and while being canon, are still "different" enough to consider it a series. A good example of this is something like Gunslinger Girl (which TVDB actually does list as two different series).

Then you have a show like Digimon, where only two "seasons" were connected by story, and all the rest are completely different stories. TVDB lists them as all being one show, but there is a duplicate entry for one. TVDB admins locked the rest so they can't be changed. The "5th" season was even aired in America as its own series, as it was made several years later, but is forcefully listed as a season on TVDB.

There are tons of other examples as well.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Anime not showing up0