[RELEASE] BestOfYoutube.com
Hi,
I love this site - That's why I made the add-on.
It's using the Youtube add-on for video playback, thx@TheCollective.

You can install it from the xbmc.org eden repo.
Any feedback is welcome!
asde
Very cool, thanks. I used to love the podcast way back in the day.
(2012-05-29, 23:49)k1m0s Wrote: Very cool, thanks. I used to love the podcast way back in the day.
No problem Smile
Neat thanks
- Fixed site changes for latest videos
(2012-08-11, 00:46)AddonScriptorDE Wrote: - Fixed site changes for latest videos
Download v1.0.6 - Will be available in the repo soon...

Hi thanks for the update, I have installed via zip, got no response from starting addon after update see Log

It's saying there is no default.py, looking in my local Best of Youtube addon folder there isn't a default.py maybe your intention was for enduser to replace the included files ?
(2012-08-11, 10:07)hasselhof Wrote:
(2012-08-11, 00:46)AddonScriptorDE Wrote: - Fixed site changes for latest videos

Hi thanks for the update, I have installed via zip, got no response from starting addon after update see Log

It's saying there is no default.py, looking in my local Best of Youtube addon folder there isn't a default.py maybe your intention was for enduser to replace the included files ?
Mmm, somehow github always removes the default.py from the zip when uploading. Never happend before...
Here it is on dropbox: Download v1.0.6
(2012-08-11, 15:01)AddonScriptorDE Wrote:
(2012-08-11, 10:07)hasselhof Wrote:

Mmm, somehow github always removes the default.py from the zip when uploading. Never happend before...
Here it is on dropbox: Download v1.0.6

Working great now thanks Smile , what does the (%) mean by each video ?

(2012-08-11, 15:09)hasselhof Wrote: Working great now thanks Smile
Nice to hear Smile

(2012-08-11, 15:09)hasselhof Wrote: what does the (%) mean by each video ?
It's the percentage of positve ratings from bestofyoutube...

Edit: The update is now availabe via the repo...
This hasn't been working for me lately. I've made a dirty fix for myself. The problem area seems to be here
Code:
def listVideos(url):
    content = getUrl(url)
    spl = content.split("<div class='main'>")
    for i in range(1, len(spl), 1):
        entry = spl[i]
        match = re.compile('youtube.com/embed/(.+?)\?', re.DOTALL).findall(entry)

The regex was pulling in more information than needed. I fixed it with this
Code:
def listVideos(url):
    content = getUrl(url)
        entry = spl[i]
        match = re.compile('youtube.com/embed/(.{11})', re.DOTALL).findall(entry)

I'm a beginner with this regex stuff, so I'm sure this isn't the best solution. This wont work on youtube video ids with less or more than 11 characters (if there are any). So if anyone has cleaner regex, I'd appreciate the assist!
No Agenda Show - The best podcast in the universe!
This plugin is my favorite and my fresh 5 videos per day are an essential part of my evening. Unfortunately it seems to be broken with XBMC 13.

Here is the error I get from the XMBC.log file for just one example of a video that failed to play. It fails on every video. Weird thing is that the youtube plugin is working fine.
(2013-09-28, 09:53)laukarlueng Wrote: This hasn't been working for me lately. I've made a dirty fix for myself. The problem area seems to be here
Code:
def listVideos(url):
    content = getUrl(url)
        entry = spl[i]

Code:
def listVideos(url):
    content = getUrl(url)
        entry = spl[i]

I'm a beginner with this regex stuff, so I'm sure this isn't the best solution. This wont work on youtube video ids with less or more than 11 characters (if there are any). So if anyone has cleaner regex, I'd appreciate the assist!

Thanks this seems to have worked.
(2013-09-28, 09:53)laukarlueng Wrote: This hasn't been working for me lately. I've made a dirty fix for myself. The problem area seems to be here
Code:
def listVideos(url):
    content = getUrl(url)
        entry = spl[i]

Code:
def listVideos(url):
    content = getUrl(url)
        entry = spl[i]

A second thanks to Laukar, this fix worked for me. Let's hope the plugin owner makes the fix and pushes out a version 2.0.9 for everybody else.
Excuse my stupidity but where is this change to be made ? I'm using Openelec and can't work even where the plugin is

I've been using 2.0.8 for a long time and love this plugin and would to make this quick and dirty fix but I'm unsure what file to change

Si
Thumbs Up 
thx for the fix

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] BestOfYoutube.com2