Win .actors folders appears in list view under movies
hi everyone, i been tring to find the setting which will hide the .actors folder in the list. atm everytime i view my movie which all have the ".actors" folder in them i see the .actors folders. i have another setup that access the same shares and that one i dont see the .actors folders. i just cannot find the setting for the life of me.

can some one please show me the way before i go nuts

thx ConfusedConfusedConfusedConfused
Look at the flag in settings>appearance>file lists>show hidden files and directories..

Some times in the case of extrathumbs and extrafanart folders.. you need to put this bit in your advancedsettings.xml file.

<video>
<excludefromlisting><!-- Regular expressions that if evaluated to true won't be displayed in Files View -->
<regexp>[-._ \\/]extrafanart|extrathumbs[-._ \\/]</regexp>
</excludefromlisting>
</video>
Still no good. Show Hidden files and folders is disabled. I also addea that bit into my advancedsettings.xml .i moded it a little

<video> <excludefromlisting><!-- Regular expressions that if evaluated to true won't be displayed in Files View --> <regexp>[-._ \\/].actors[-._ \\/]</regexp> </excludefromlisting> </video>

But it still appears in my folders. Am i doing something wrong
hmm, are you sure you are looking at "Movies" and not in "Videos" > "Movies"? (im not asking to be rude but for me, i only see this in videos > movies but not in movies) also...your problem may be skin related...what skin are you using?
Ok i doubled checked abd my movie folder is under the video menu. Im also running aeon nox skin. funny thing is that i have a laptop withthe same skin and using the same shares and i dont see the .actors folder. So far I cannot find what is different between the settups.

Im pretty sure its going to be something very stupid. But I still cannot figure it out
that's your problem...you are looking at your file lists and not your library. there must be a setting in the skin to either put your movie library on your home screen or see your videos > movies in library mode...ive never used aeon nox before but Ill download it now and see if i can help
Im viewing both setup in list view. I dont use the library mode

Thx
Hmmm...I just downloaded it and messed around a bit...If I click on the "Movies" button right in the homescreen it acts like it should, and im in library view...its only when i go to "Videos" enter the submenu (with a down arrow) and scroll to "Movies" am I able to replicate the perceived problem (which is how it is supposed to look in file mode opposed to library mode)...I checked out the skin settings and couldn't find a way to remove "Movies" from the homescreen bar so if you are missing that button in your homescreen I would post this in the aeon nox forum and maybe someone that understands the skin could help you...personally, I use Transparency.

PS, if you messed with the skin you may want to delete and re-install it
Well looks like i found my problem ..... i had an extra </video> near the end of my advancedsettings.xml.. so it failed loading every time xbmc started up. Told you it was something stupid.

Digitaltomj thx for the help. i realised it when u mentioned The movies menu. I remember having it once but every since i reset up my main xbmc i never saw it.

Thx again Smile
NP, glad to help Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
.actors folders appears in list view under movies0