• 42(current)
Release Universal Scraper for Music Artists
@HeresJohnny you are talking about artists that do not have mbids scanned from music file tags? If Kodi is sure of the mbid then the scraper fetches artist data using it, a search by name only happens on refresh when the mbid is missing or has been previously found by the scraper (and so could be a mistaken identity that you are manually correcting). I'm a bit confused how you have non latin artist names but not mbid from scraping.
I have no cyrillic or other artist names unless musicbrainz forces them on me which is why I tend to avoid it in these cases. I would prefer not to make this another discussion about tags but keep it strictly on the scraper level.

Again, problem: Search for "Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky" yields no results when refreshing artist information.
@HeresJohnny my tag question is because I want to understand better the scarper experience you are having. Having artist mbid from tags  makes a difference to the way the scraper works on refresh.

Testing with music by Tchaikovsky tagged using Picard (so non latin name Пётр Ильич Чайковский but also mbid) and I am unable to reproduce the problem - refresh finds and scrapes artist data.

Of course the issue could also involve scraper setting, in particular which online sources you are trying to fetch data from. Allmusic lookup is by name not mbid, and I guess would have a problem with cryllic
I think if you look at your debug log after scraping, you should see just what the search was and what was returned.  What I see on MB is that the primary name in their database is typically the style that is most commonly used for the artist.  Sometimes it is rather the alias.  I rarely get results from any of the other sites so don't really investigate what those sites provide.  But mostly I scrape/assign MBIDs outside of Kodi so I have control over what gets into the Kodi database.  I haven't really investigated, but it does seem like if you query MB with an alias (as mb has it) via the API the results returned aren't as good as if you did a search on the MB site.

scott s.
maintainer of skin  Aeon MQ5 mods for post-Gotham Kodi releases:
Matrix see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Matrix release thread
Nexus see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Nexus release thread
Aeon MQ 5 skin and addon repo 11.1.0
  • 42(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Universal Scraper for Music Artists9