• 31(current)
Release Universal Scraper for Music Artists
The only way I can see any info inside of XBMC is to press "I" on each Artists. The 1st time for an Artist it takes a few seconds to scrape it, then it's quick. I was expecting Update Library to do this, as I can see it calls US, but no luck. So the only time US does anything is if I press "I".

Do I have to press "I" for each Artist once in order to get it scraped?

Also in Library mode I see more Artists thumbs, than if I'm out of Library mode.

How can I save the scrapped stuff to local files?

EDIT:
Here is my log file (file was too large for pastebin)

Starting on line 1849 I see it's failing trying to load some jpg's, those don't exist and I don't think they ever did because I haven't seen any local artwork files.
Code:
08:59:36 T:3336   DEBUG: CTextureCacheJob::GetImageHash - unable to stat url smb://SERVER3/music/../fanart.jpg
08:59:36 T:3460   DEBUG: CTextureCacheJob::GetImageHash - unable to stat url smb://SERVER3/music/fanart.jpg
08:59:37 T:908   DEBUG: Keyboard: scancode: 4d, sym: 0113, unicode: 0000, modifier: 0
08:59:37 T:908   DEBUG: CApplication::OnKey: right (f083) pressed, action is Right
08:59:38 T:908   DEBUG: Keyboard: scancode: 4d, sym: 0113, unicode: 0000, modifier: 0
08:59:38 T:908   DEBUG: CApplication::OnKey: right (f083) pressed, action is Right
08:59:38 T:1688   DEBUG: CTextureCacheJob::GetImageHash - unable to stat url smb://SERVER3/music/Acoustic Hits/fanart.jpg
08:59:38 T:908   DEBUG: Keyboard: scancode: 4d, sym: 0113, unicode: 0000, modifier: 0
08:59:38 T:908   DEBUG: CApplication::OnKey: right (f083) pressed, action is Right
08:59:38 T:1688   DEBUG: CTextureCacheJob::GetImageHash - unable to stat url smb://SERVER3/music/Adrienne Pierce/fanart.jpg
08:59:39 T:908   DEBUG: Keyboard: scancode: 4d, sym: 0113, unicode: 0000, modifier: 0
08:59:39 T:908   DEBUG: CApplication::OnKey: right (f083) pressed, action is Right
08:59:39 T:1688   DEBUG: CTextureCacheJob::GetImageHash - unable to stat url smb://SERVER3/music/Aer/fanart.jpg
08:59:39 T:908   DEBUG: Keyboard: scancode: 4d, sym: 0113, unicode: 0000, modifier: 0
08:59:39 T:908   DEBUG: CApplication::OnKey: right (f083) pressed, action is Right
08:59:39 T:4056   DEBUG: Thread Background Loader 4056 terminating
08:59:40 T:908   DEBUG: Keyboard: scancode: 4d, sym: 0113, unicode: 0000, modifier: 0
08:59:40 T:908   DEBUG: CApplication::OnKey: right (f083) pressed, action is Right
08:59:40 T:1688   DEBUG: CTextureCacheJob::GetImageHash - unable to stat url smb://SERVER3/music/The Ahmad Jamal Trio/fanart.jpg
08:59:40 T:908   DEBUG: Keyboard: scancode: 4d, sym: 0113, unicode: 0000, modifier: 0
08:59:40 T:908   DEBUG: CApplication::OnKey: right (f083) pressed, action is Right
08:59:40 T:1688   DEBUG: CTextureCacheJob::GetImageHash - unable to stat url smb://SERVER3/music/Alabama/fanart.jpg
08:59:41 T:908   DEBUG: Keyboard: scancode: 4d, sym: 0113, unicode: 0000, modifier: 0
08:59:41 T:908   DEBUG: CApplication::OnKey: right (f083) pressed, action is Right
08:59:41 T:1688   DEBUG: CTextureCacheJob::GetImageHash - unable to stat url smb://SERVER3/music/Alicia Keys/fanart.jpg
08:59:41 T:908   DEBUG: Keyboard: scancode: 4b, sym: 0114, unicode: 0000, modifier: 0
08:59:41 T:908   DEBUG: CApplication::OnKey: left (f082) pressed, action is Left
08:59:42 T:908   DEBUG: Keyboard: scancode: 4b, sym: 0114, unicode: 0000, modifier: 0
08:59:42 T:908   DEBUG: CApplication::OnKey: left (f082) pressed, action is Left
08:59:42 T:1688   DEBUG: CTextureCacheJob::GetImageHash - unable to stat url smb://SERVER3/music/Alabama/fanart.jpg

Line 4202 is when I pressed "I" on Arrested Development and it successfully retrieved the info and artwork. However, US had not scrapped for it until then.

Line 4380 shown below claims info was written, but when I open the file it is empty.
Code:
09:25:05 T:4120   DEBUG: [Artist Slideshow] successfuly wrote data to C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\script.artistslideshow\ArtistInformation\52d64c40\musicbrainz.nfo

Then on line 4396 this error occurred.
Code:
09:25:05 T:4120   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting Arrested Development\extrafanart
HTPC: Dell Optiplex 7050 SFF i7-7700 quad-core, 3.6GHz, 16GB
NAS: Synology DS1813+ and DX513, Hybrid RAID (SHR) 48TB usable space
My Media Center | www.CaptainKen.us | www.YouTube.com/KenInGilbert
(2013-04-19, 10:35)Pankookis Wrote: I have a problem which people seemed to have about a year ago.
When I update my library it stoppes at specific artists and then an endless fallback loop occurs, at least I think so.

Now it stoppes at "John Frusciante", the cpu goes way up and after about 10 seconds or so it crashes. Yesterday it stopped and crashedat the artist/band "James" and if i removed that folder it continued untill Frusciante.

I spent nearly all day yesterday retagging my music with Musicbrainz Picard so CDArt Manager would function more properly. Used Gifties guide to Picard so it's frustrating when it doesn't work. ^^

Heres my debug log. https://www.dropbox.com/s/4d5b5uj76hu7bt7/xbmc.old.log

It was to big for Pastebin

Thanks!

Where can I find "Gifties guide to Picard" please?

(2014-07-19, 21:32)CaptainKen Wrote:
(2013-04-19, 10:35)Pankookis Wrote: I have a problem which people seemed to have about a year ago.
When I update my library it stoppes at specific artists and then an endless fallback loop occurs, at least I think so.

Now it stoppes at "John Frusciante", the cpu goes way up and after about 10 seconds or so it crashes. Yesterday it stopped and crashedat the artist/band "James" and if i removed that folder it continued untill Frusciante.

I spent nearly all day yesterday retagging my music with Musicbrainz Picard so CDArt Manager would function more properly. Used Gifties guide to Picard so it's frustrating when it doesn't work. ^^

Heres my debug log. https://www.dropbox.com/s/4d5b5uj76hu7bt7/xbmc.old.log

It was to big for Pastebin

Thanks!

Where can I find "Gifties guide to Picard" please?

Is this it?
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1102795
Bump please
Hey, I'm having serious problems with the add-on failing to work in creative ways. Essentially I have a large-ish(?) music dir on SMB server (1500-odd albums) and when scanning into library - starting with empty library - simply does not download artist thumbnails or album imagery for a substantial amount of well-known artists. Alan Parsons Project for example.

And I checked- APP definitely is in the internet database the addon uses so it's not that the right stuff isn't out there....
System: Kodi on NVidia Shield 2015
Video: Panasonic AE3000 Projector / Samsung 46" LCD
Audio: Quad 2912 on Nord DM500Up with Marantz 7010 receiver.
i have been having a problem with the scraper for a long time now.

Can return with a debug log shortly, but thought I'd go ahead and describe the problem now in case it's a simple known issue with an easy fix Smile

Basically, whenever I add some (meticulously tagged and folder organised) mp3s by a new artist to my music collection and hit update library, no info / art will be scraped for the new artist. The artist will show up in the library list, and the embedded album thumbs for that artist's albums will show up, but no info text or images for the artist itself.

However, when I highlight the new artist in the library and press info the scraper will successfully grab the info and art whether or not I need to select the correct artist from a list of suggestions

Is this "only scraping on manual refresh via the info page" a known issue and if so is there any solution/workaround anyone could suggest?

Thanks Smile
(2014-08-07, 07:45)kiboy6 Wrote: Is this "only scraping on manual refresh via the info page" a known issue and if so is there any solution/workaround anyone could suggest?

I have this sometimes. I think you can update all artists with (and XBMC/Kodi isn't on at the moment) "query all artist info" or something like that. I've had some really interesting results though, like actually removing all info, or all associated releases.

If you do find out why this happens though, let me know Wink

(2014-08-05, 14:10)puntloos Wrote: Hey, I'm having serious problems with the add-on failing to work in creative ways. Essentially I have a large-ish(?) music dir on SMB server (1500-odd albums) and when scanning into library - starting with empty library - simply does not download artist thumbnails or album imagery for a substantial amount of well-known artists. Alan Parsons Project for example.

And I checked- APP definitely is in the internet database the addon uses so it's not that the right stuff isn't out there....

Does this happen when you retrieve info for a single artist too?

In any case, debug log (http://xbmclogs.com) is required Smile
HTPC RPI3 Kodi 17 (Krypton) v8.0.1 MR
Storage BPI 1x 500GB SSD UPnP server
Display Sony Bravia 32"
thanks n1md4 ....at least its not only me - hopefully the devs will figure out a reliable solution to the lng standing music library update problems eventually Smile

Will play around with "query info for all artists" later on (once I have thoroughly re-backed up my database!) and get back to you if i find anything interesting...
Hope I'm posting in the right place here, but I'm not sure where the root of my problem really lies.

I have some obscure artists in my music library, some with no references on the web and therefore understandably not picked up by scrapers. So I want to use my own artwork. I have therefore placed folder.jpg and fanart.jpg images in the appropriate artist folders. But, no amount of updating and cleaning my libraries and artist info will display those images.

I don't know whether Artwork Downloader is related to this Universal Scraper, but I have checked the box in there that says "Use local files", but this has no effect.
Wouldn't it be easier to add those artists info to the databases online the scrapers use?
Hi Olympia, hope you can help me,

XBMC 13.2 Gotham
Universal Artist Scraper 3.4.1
win7 64

I have a very large album collection, about 16,000 albums/CDs, all my albums have ID3v2 tags: artists, album, year, album cover, etc, etc.
I am using your scraper to get the images/photos of each artist and groups
Is working fine but after several hours stop, just like that, just stop! (not freezing), then I have to right click of the mouse and select again ''query info for all artists'', this is been happening like 6 times.
I have been doing this for 3 days and still missing half of the images/photos, half of my 16,000 albums still not getting the images/photos

I don't know if this scraper is starting each time from the scratch or keep doing where it left before it stopped

My internet connection is very fast

What can I do to fix this? thanks in advance
(2014-11-07, 03:18)fernandofg Wrote: Hi Olympia, hope you can help me,

XBMC 13.2 Gotham
win7 64

I have a very large album collection, about 16,000 albums/CDs, all my albums have ID3v2 tags: artists, album, year, album cover, etc, etc.
Is working fine but after several hours stop, just like that, just stop! (not freezing), then I have to right click of the mouse and select again ''query info for all artists'', this is been happening like 6 times.
I have been doing this for 3 days and still missing half of the images/photos, half of my 16,000 albums still not getting the images/photos

I don't know if this scraper is starting each time from the scratch or keep doing where it left before it stopped

Sounds like you have a corrupt file somewhere.

Try seperating them into a few different folders just for teasting and run it again. Check which album its crashing on.
(2014-11-07, 11:29)zag Wrote: Sounds like you have a corrupt file somewhere.

Try seperating them into a few different folders just for teasting and run it again. Check which album its crashing on.

Hi, I have one folder for each genre, like 80 folders (rock, classic rock, progressive rock, punk rock, etc, etc,)
Is very difficult to see when it stops, because its doing it every 2, 3 or 4 hours

Thanks
(2014-11-07, 03:18)fernandofg Wrote: Hi Olympia, hope you can help me,

XBMC 13.2 Gotham
win7 64

All peoples have one artist by one folder, in my case I have 16,000 albums, I don't have one artist by one folder because windows explorer will take years to read 16,000 folders, so, my solution was create genre folders like you can see in the image below

My actual problem is that ''Universal Scraper for Music Artists'' is not working fine, it getting stopped each 2 or 3 hours and some times in a few minutes

This is happening because I don't have each artist on one folder? PLEASE HELP

When it crashes, you should be able to check the log file to see which file was the last one scanned.
(2014-11-10, 21:48)redhalo Wrote: When it crashes, you should be able to check the log file to see which file was the last one scanned.
Is nor crashing, not freezing, It only stop scanning,
Where can I see the log file?

Thanks for your answer
  • 31(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Universal Scraper for Music Artists9