• 4(current)
Release Universal Scraper for Music Artists
(2012-06-26, 20:23)Dilligaf Wrote: Headphones offers a paid Musicbrainz mirror which is super fast. Any possibility of adding the option to both Universal Scrapers to use the mirror?
Thanks for your hard work.

Mike

I would need a little bit more insight on how MB mirrors work.
E.g. URL to use, authentication, etc.
Perhaps a time limited account would be the best.
Just want to inform you that I fixed it.
It was really a stupid thing! Big Grin

I launched the artist scraper, as usual it didn't find my band, so I selected another band proposed by the scraper.... the scraper luckily (don't know if it's the normal behaviour) didn't download nothing, but bow allowed me to go to the Artist Information menu, where I could load manually fanart and logos! Cool
(2012-06-27, 08:47)Pissa Wrote:
(2012-06-26, 20:15)Balinus Wrote: Pissa, you should provide a nfo file with all the relevant informations (bio, artist name, etc). For Logo, fanart etc... put your media files in the artist and album directory. The skin should then extract them naturally and show them correctly.

Thanks for your answer! Wink

Yesterday (before reading your post) I did some search on the forum, I found one old thread with a similar problem, so I tried to put the fanart image in the artist directory, I renamed it fanart.jpg, but nothing happened! Confused

I'm using Aeon MQ3, could be this the problem?

Try another skin, maybe that's the case, but I don't know.

Another trick is to go in Artist information screen (pressing "i"), then click on "Get Fanart" (find a skin with this button). It will open up a browser where you can manually specify you fanart.jpg.

edit - Oh well, you found it by yourself. Smile
Yeah, thanks anyway for helping! Smile
Just did a fresh scrape using a nightly and found out that it added the wrong artists.

"Nick & Simon"
was scraped as
"Nick"

Also when scraping "The Prodify" the thumb from fanart.tv wasn't picked as primary thumb.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Yeah, actually I was wrong saying that I didn't include the '&' sign for having the scraper beleive it is multiple artists.
What would be the consensus on this? Shall the '&' be removed from this?

In case you meant 'The Prodigy' it works fine at me.
(2012-07-04, 08:53)olympia Wrote: Yeah, actually I was wrong saying that I didn't include the '&' sign for having the scraper beleive it is multiple artists.
What would be the consensus on this? Shall the '&' be removed from this?

I think it's best to remove the & splitting. There are more of these like "Simon & Garfunkel".
In the exceptional cases you can scrape them manually. I guess it's not an option to first scrape for "Nick & Simon" and if nothing found scrape "Nick"?

it also seemed "feat." and "ft." were not split either (can't remember if you did add that).
This is something that in 99,9% of the cases should be split.

Quote:In case you meant 'The Prodigy' it works fine at me.

Very strange. I did use the latest XBMC build with the new music db layout perhaps that has something to do with it.
When i did choose thumb the ones from fanart.tv were listed. And IIRC there were more that didn't use them.
(i just did a standard scraper install without changing any vallue)
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Just a quick one, having some trouble scraping a couple of artists with '&' in them because both of the names are quite common is there a workaround for this.
Check out my Fanart.tv stuff!
...........I also accept disc requests if image not on fanart.tv database !!!!
'&' has removed from the artist splitter in v2.0.5
(2012-07-07, 19:09)olympia Wrote: '&' has removed from the artist splitter in v2.0.5

many thanks olympia this addition should make it near perfect
(2012-07-07, 19:15)leepenny Wrote:
(2012-07-07, 19:09)olympia Wrote: '&' has removed from the artist splitter in v2.0.5

many thanks olympia this addition should make it near perfect

got the update this morning. Filtered my artists with '&' and manually rescraped and all is well - perfect
I have no issues now many thanks olympia - great work

edit -OK --call me a liar 2 issues huey lewis and the news -and doctor and the medics
both are named correctly according to sources but am told by last.fm that this is a mistag
I have also tried renaming but get the same mistag - any thoughts. Its no big deal for me as I can export the database and edit manually
But it may be an issue for others
Thanks! Well, ' and ' is definitely included in the artist splitter as well.
...and probably it occurs more often that the ' and ' actually means multiple artists instead of just one singe artist with ' and ' in their name. So I wouldn't remove that.

In case you prefer to ditch it, you can do it in line 14 of both the artist and album scrapers. Just remove the '|%20and%20' from them.
Liking the news music scrapers, fine work! I am seeing some weird, intermittent issues when scraping, however.

For things like genre, years active, i have the artist scraper set to allmusic. For many artists this seems to work fine, but many others I'm not getting the information scraped. I verified on the allmusic site the the fields were populated, but the scraper seems to have issues getting the information consistently.

I'm seeing a ton of the these messages while scraping:

Code:
00:14:55 T:5848   ERROR: ADDON::CScraper::Run: Unable to parse web site
00:14:56 T:668 WARNING: XFILE::CFileCurl::CReadState::FillBuffer: curl failed with code 22
00:14:56 T:668   ERROR: CFileCurl::CReadState::Open, didn't get any data from stream.

When I saw a ton, I mean 100s-1000s in the log. What does the above mean?
1. How about posting the full debug log?
2. It's not enough if allmusic has the fields populated. Artist on MusicBrainz site should have the link to allmusic.com -> as mentioned in the addon description. Please contribute and add this for your artists, so others can benefit.
3. MusicBrainz API which is the search site for the Universal Scraper can get a bit whacky from time to time, especially in case you do a mass scrape and hit the site more than they think you should Smile
(2012-07-13, 08:12)deh2k7 Wrote: For things like genre, years active, i have the artist scraper set to allmusic. For many artists this seems to work fine, but many others I'm not getting the information scraped. I verified on the allmusic site the the fields were populated, but the scraper seems to have issues getting the information consistently.

I believe there must be a link to the artists Allmusic page in Musicbrainz for those options to work. They are quite easy to add, just copy the link to the artists Allmusic page then go to the Musicbrainz page for the same artist and click 'Relate to URL' on the right hand side of the page. Wait for the next page to load then paste in the allmusic link and hit 'Submit'.

EDIT: I type slowly.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Universal Scraper for Music Artists9