Need advice with making graphic files
When creating skins, you also make your own graphic files. I use photoshop to create my graphics and textures, but I get horizontal lines when making gradients, soft white edges around shapes and the colors seems to look weird on my screen.

I don't know much about creating own graphics, which color profiles to use or how to get it look great.

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks.
HTPC Streacom FC8 Evo, BIOSTAR Hi-Fi 3D Motherboard, Intel Core i5 4670T 2.3 GHz, 4GB Kingston HyperX, 500GB 7200 HDD, Streacom IRRC Remote
TV Sony Bravia 32" Full HD
I use 'Save for Web & Devices' with the 'PNG-24' preset.

Are you running XBMC at the same resolution as your textures are meant to be displayed?
Thanks Hitcher, it almost solved it. Now gradients are displayed perfectly! Smile

I still have problems when it comes to contrast between black and gray.

I want to have my player control buttons to look like its engraved into the back panel. I have a black gradient back panel and the buttons will be with inner shadow. The problems is, that it doesn't look right.

Here is an example of the play button on the back panel:

Here is the original file:

Thanks again! Smile
HTPC Streacom FC8 Evo, BIOSTAR Hi-Fi 3D Motherboard, Intel Core i5 4670T 2.3 GHz, 4GB Kingston HyperX, 500GB 7200 HDD, Streacom IRRC Remote
Came out OK using your textures for me but you might want to add a slight blur around the edges.

That worked, thanks! Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Need advice with making graphic files0