Beer's M350 A6-3500
Yup ordered the AKASA.... I love the fact that the Fan speed is: 600 - 3000 RPM (PWM controlled)

For sure I will be able to keep it at 700-800..... I hope so....

Smile

Nice to know Gelid makes some too....
(2012-05-31, 22:43)bluray Wrote:
(2012-05-31, 22:17)Beer40oz Wrote:
(2012-05-31, 22:11)bluray Wrote: This one "Slim Silence AM2 (CC-SSilence-AM2)" might be the quietest low profile (28mm) FM1 CPU on the market.....

Wow good find!
Gelid don't just make case fan, they make very good low profile CPU cooler too- Gelid CPU Cooler.

I installed this one "CPU Cooler Slim Silence 775" in my previous Dell desktop with Intel chip. The case is a very small form factor, and it is probably thiner than your case. It was a very quiet CPU cooler.......

+1 for Gelid. I have the Gelid Slim Silence i-Plus (LGA1155/1156) and it's perfect for the super small cases and it can't be heard from > 1m.
(2012-05-31, 22:46)Beer40oz Wrote: For sure I will be able to keep it at 700-800..... I hope so....

Smile

You have to be careful with speed settings though. The low profile CPU cooler heatsink is not as good as the larger heatsink in the standard CPU cooler. It might not be able to keep the CPU cool at very low fan speed. The Gelid low profile seems to do fine with half of the rated max speed though......

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
(2012-06-01, 00:17)bluray Wrote:
(2012-05-31, 22:46)Beer40oz Wrote: For sure I will be able to keep it at 700-800..... I hope so....

Smile

You have to be careful with speed settings though. The low profile CPU cooler heatsink is not as good as the larger heatsink in the standard CPU cooler. It might not be able to keep the CPU cool at very low fan speed. The Gelid low profile seems to do fine with half of the rated max speed though......

Well when it's controlled by the mother board and it needs more air the it will speed up. So let's see what it can do first. Check temps and RPM's and sound.

Will report.
(2012-05-31, 16:31)Dougie Fresh Wrote: Nice find, Beer.

I've been looking at this 29mm cooler but yours looks better (and can be found at Newegg)
http://www.frozencpu.com/products/13116/cpu-aka-06/

One thing I don't see anywhere listed is the TDP on this....

and I see what you mean now.. the one I ordered supposed to be the copper oneHuh
http://www.akasa.com.tw/update.php?tpl=p...CC1102EP01

Mmmmm i guess I have to take the thermal paste off just a bit to see......

but if you really look at the link you gave me it's model AK-CC1101EP02 witch is the non-copper one....
My guess would be 65W TDP or less.
(2012-06-01, 04:36)Dougie Fresh Wrote: My guess would be 65W TDP or less.

That is what I thought ... thanx Big Grin
So I got some dimensions for you guys....

I am still waiting on the Asaka Cooler witch is 29MM in height.

From the CPU to the bottom of the bracket is 39.67MM (you really need the bracket to attach your SSD or HD it's too small in there...)

From the CPU to the bottom of my 2.5 HD is 30.18MM

The real test is when the Asaka cooler comes in and we will see if it don't touch the HD...

if not time to get the GELID Slim Silence AM2 (CC-SSilence-AM2) witch is 28MM.. thanx BLU

Big Grin Cheers.....

keep us up2date!!
Ok just a quick update on my first page! I am tired.... enjoy.... Sleepy
Wow is this your new build beer. What happen to the other build do you still have that
Of course.... this is my DESKTOP..... I have my A6-PACK HTPC.... the A6-PACK is just a dedicated HTPC..... Smile
Nice build beer looks so small. Now i want to build another one lol
That's great news about the Akasa. It's nice to have a low-price, readily available, low-profile cooler for AM2. Excellent!

Was it the copper or aluminum bottom?
(2012-06-07, 16:50)Dougie Fresh Wrote: That's great news about the Akasa. It's nice to have a low-price, readily available, low-profile cooler for AM2. Excellent!

Was it the copper or aluminum bottom?

Yes at the moment the loudest part is my Hard Drive... Smile

SSD time? No way!!!! down the road when ever this one dies!

But this will make a great HTPC with an SSD..... FTW! Nod

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Beer's M350 A6-3500 1