Hello guys,

I have finally decided to build my own HTPC at long last Blush

This is what I have decided on as I am on a tight budget:

Case: Lian Li PC-Q07

SSD: Crucial SSD

RAM: G Skills

CPU: A6-3670K

Mobo: Asrock A75M-ITX FM1

So my question is what kind of psu can I use for this case? I am looking for a silent system and am aware a way to achieve this is by a fanless psu . Will a Pico PSU work here?.

Also do you think I can get away without another cooling fan for this 100W TDP APU in this large case? or do i need a 65W TDP ( A6-3500) to achieve this?

My main use for the system is full 3D bluray playback, all HD movies and able to handle multi-tasking easily with smooth browsing in XBMC with heavy skins

Thanks

(2012-05-29, 23:12)Hail.ceasar Wrote: CPU: A6-3670K

So my question is what kind of psu can I use for this case? I am looking for a silent system and am aware a way to achieve this is by a fanless psu . Will a Pico PSU work here?.
This "picoPSU-160-XT + 192W Adapter Power Kit" should work......

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Thanks Bluray.

Do I need any additional cooling for the CPU?
(2012-05-30, 00:21)Hail.ceasar Wrote: Thanks Bluray.

Do I need any additional cooling for the CPU?
If you want it to be very silent, you can add this "Scythe SCBSK-2100 120mm Sleeve BIG Shuriken 2 Rev. B" CPU cooler......

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Don't forget you'll want a blanking plate for where the ATX PSU would have gone that can also serve as a mount for the picoPSU's power jack.

Here is how it looks in the PC-Q07:

u can also get a standard ATX PS/2 power supply unit too if u want.

SEASONIC or ANTEC NEO ECO
Hi, thanks to this forum i'm on my way to finalize a well-built HTPC Smile almost the same as Hail.ceasar 's
I've bought the Lian-Li PC-Q07b case ( love it's minimalistic look!! ) a couple of questions before purchasing the internals:

1. what would be the performance/ thermal difference between A6 3500 and A6 3670k ( with stock coolers )
2. primarily this will be used for Blu-Ray playback, but is the A6 3500 capable of 1080p gaming for older games like Burnout-Paradise, NFS-Most Wanted, Unreal Tournament 2004, Portal?
3. will a Scythe Big Shuriken fit in this case with a normal ATX PSU? also since the PSU fan will be directly above the CPU, any advice for optimization of airflow or recommended PSU's for this case?

Thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
A6-3670K in fanless HTPC?0