Two A6-3500's Two Different Coolers what you have?
Well after I inspected my second A6-3500 APU they included a totally different fan from the other. One is slightly taller and wider... and the fans are both different.

So that means.... what?

Now one must be more noisy then the other.

If you are limited in space one is slightly taller.

Pretty weird? or they ran out of fans?

Rofl

Just for your info!

Who ever has the A6-3500 witch one did you get?

Take a look....

The one on the left fan reads:

DKM-7D 52A-A1-GP
1120FS1005

O.O

taller one looks like the stock 100w TDP amd cooler

my a6 fan looks like the right one.
(2012-06-06, 07:09)eskro Wrote: O.O

taller one looks like the stock 100w TDP amd cooler

I have a AMD 100w TDP and cooler but not from a A6.... and it's wayyyy taller....

Maybe they just trow in what they have...

Mine came with a different one than those two Smile. It has a blue handle different than both and a 4-pin power cable like the one on the right above.

My A6 came with a stock cooler that looks like the one on the left.
Funny thing is,...when I originally unpacked it,...I wasn't used to them smearing the paste on for you.

So what do you think I did,..yup,..touched it.
DUH!

Good thing I went with the Shuriken.
I really thought all fans would be the same for the same CPU.... this is a bummer.... one will test with one and they give you something else.
... my cooler from my A6-3500 has the fan from the one on the left, and the heatsink on the right... at least that's what it looks like because it uses the same mounting as the one on the right but the fan is the one from the left.

My A8-3870K came with a taller heatsink but the same fan as my A6-3500. I actually swapped that one onto my A6 system thinking the bigger heatsink would let me run the fan at a lower speed and it appears to have worked well in that regard.

Good catch and yes, the differences in fans makes it very difficult to give an accurate review of the fan noise and would explain why some people say their's is loud while others say its quiet.
HTPC 1 - AMD A8-3870K, ASRock A75M, Silverstone ML03B, Kingston HyperX 4GB DDR3 1866, Crucial M4 64GB SSD
HTPC 2 - HP Stream Mini, 6GB Ram
unRAID 6 Server - Intel Celeron G1610, 20TB Storage

At them moment I am in construction of my new A6-PACK Desktop.... and I tried the one on the RIGHT... and its loud... even at lower speeds it has this buzz noise....

Just to try out....

Just installed my AKASA low profile cooler.... and wow its wonderful quiet... will update soon...
(2012-06-07, 04:42)Beer40oz Wrote: Just installed my AKASA low profile cooler.... and wow its wonderful quiet... will update soon...

Cool

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Two A6-3500's Two Different Coolers what you have?0