PSU advice
It'll be great. Please be sure to come back and post pictures, especially of that new case with everything in it.
(2012-10-03, 18:40)Dougie Fresh Wrote: How about the SFX PSUs you've used in small cases? It sounds like you've had a different experience in your hands-on testing and builds? I've used Seasonic, FSP and even Apex and found them all to be very quiet. What models and cases did you try that you found them to be noisy? I'd love to hear the specifics so I can avoid those issues myself.
The small form factor Dell computers I uses at work included SFX PSU, and PC's with ATX PSU's that I builds and uses at work and home are quieter....

(2012-10-03, 18:44)Davidja Wrote: Thanks for feedback,
The SEasonic is'nt available in the UK so thats not an option. Ive ordered the Be Quiet SFX 300W MicroATX and the bracket so fingers crossed it all works.
Big thank you to everyones advice.
There are SeaSonic PSU's available in UK.....SeaSonic....

Good luck...!

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
(2012-10-03, 19:34)bluray Wrote: There are SeaSonic PSU's available in UK.....SeaSonic....

I don't see the Seasonic SS-300ET you linked at Newegg in that list. I don't see any of the OEM Seasonic PSUs, only the retail ones. It's too bad ... the OEM versions are great. We're spoiled here in the US. The UK needs Newegg.

And, thanks, I'll be sure to avoid those Dell SFX PSUs.

(2012-10-03, 19:44)Dougie Fresh Wrote:
(2012-10-03, 19:34)bluray Wrote: There are SeaSonic PSU's available in UK.....SeaSonic....

I don't see the Seasonic SS-300ET
It don't have to be SS-300ET, because any SeaSonic ATX PSU should work fine. Here is one- Seasonic S12II-380......

If anyone want a SeaSonic SS-300ET in UK, it is available here- Seasonic SS-300ET.......

Sorry for delay in responding, thanks to Dougies suggestion just received the conversion plate, all fitted and in the cabinet. The Be quiet 300watt SFX is really purring quietly, I am genuinely surprised at how the whole rig is running so silently despite the four case fans! Fantastic fan and a great Thermaltake case, really good value for money. Thanks to everyone for the advice.
Glad to hear the good news. Any pictures of the PSU mounted in the case with the bracket you can share?
Yeah sure I'll get something up soon. Thanks
Can you post some pictures after you are done.... I would love to see it.
Considering this case for a project.

Thanx Wink

You said the fans are loud? the 60mm fans on the rear?
(2012-10-03, 19:44)Dougie Fresh Wrote:

I don't see the Seasonic SS-300ET you linked at Newegg in that list. I don't see any of the OEM Seasonic PSUs, only the retail ones. It's too bad ... the OEM versions are great. We're spoiled here in the US. The UK needs Newegg.

And, thanks, I'll be sure to avoid those Dell SFX PSUs.

Tell me about it.... it is hard to find some items in Europe and if they are found they cost and arm and a leg.

(2012-10-09, 23:25)Davidja Wrote: Sorry for delay in responding, thanks to Dougies suggestion just received the conversion plate, all fitted and in the cabinet. The Be quiet 300watt SFX is really purring quietly, I am genuinely surprised at how the whole rig is running so silently despite the four case fans! Fantastic fan and a great Thermaltake case, really good value for money. Thanks to everyone for the advice.

Nice to hear that the Be Quiet! model line of SFX PSU's are quiet. It was what I could find. They come in 300W and 350W...
(2012-10-10, 09:34)Beer40oz Wrote: Tell me about it.... it is hard to find some items in Europe and if they are found they cost and arm and a leg.
When governments there taxes them to death, the sellers have to increase the price to cover it....Sad

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PSU advice0