Intermittent Stuttering
I've been having intermittent stuttering while playing music or movie/tv series and its doing my head in. The only way to stop this is to restart my htpc via power down to make this go away. Is there any reason why this could be happening.

My log below

http://pastebin.com/hu96ufkK

My htpc spec below

AMD A8-3870K 3.00GHz (Socket FM1) APU Processor with select AMD Radeon™ HD 6000 Series graphics cards.
Corsair Vengeance Arctic White 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 PC3-12800C9 1600MHz Dual Channel Kit
Asus F1A75-M PRO AMD A75 (Socket FM1) DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard
Windows 7 Home premium
Transparency Skin
XBMC 11
Can you post a log showing you playing a film. Play the film until you get the stuttering then stop the playback and close XBMC.
I'll leave a movie running to see if it does it but like i say its intermittent, the log i've put above was when i was playing a mp3 while it was stuttering. Also when the mp3 file was playing and stuttering the coloured screensaver thingy was freezing.
Can you also try using the default skin.
(2012-05-30, 12:29)jhsrennie Wrote: Can you post a log showing you playing a film. Play the film until you get the stuttering then stop the playback and close XBMC.

Here is a log of my xbmc during while playing a video file while stuttering. The menu system seems to stutter, like when the info bar that goes along the main menu freezes and so does the screensaver.

http://pastebin.com/C60E7QBE

Really need halp with this as its really getting annoying.
What is causing all these lines to happen:
Code:
15:54:24 T:3220   DEBUG: JSONRPC Server: New connection detected
15:54:24 T:3220    INFO: JSONRPC Server: New connection added
15:54:24 T:3348   DEBUG: HttpApi Start command: GetCurrentlyPlaying  paras: GetCurrentlyPlaying
15:54:25 T:3220   DEBUG: Previous line repeats 1 times.
15:54:25 T:3220    INFO: JSONRPC Server: Disconnection detected
15:54:25 T:3348   DEBUG: HttpApi Start command: GetCurrentlyPlaying  paras: GetCurrentlyPlaying
15:54:30 T:3220   DEBUG: Previous line repeats 9 times.
15:54:30 T:3220   DEBUG: JSONRPC Server: New connection detected
15:54:30 T:3220    INFO: JSONRPC Server: New connection added
15:54:31 T:3348   DEBUG: HttpApi Start command: GetCurrentlyPlaying  paras: GetCurrentlyPlaying
Something seems to be hitting the JSONRPC interface quite a lot. I don't know if that is the issue, but that seems odd to me.

I also see a few warnings and errors right after you starting playing back a file and before you turned on debug logging. Then there are a couple playback errors right after that and a long list of those JSONRPC requests.
JSONRPC interface ? What is this.
That is the web interface. Allowing you to send commands and such over the network. I also noticed you had the Artwork Downloader add-on. That has seemed to cause some memory issues I believe. If I were you. First thing I would do is switch to the default Skin and disable all the extra add-ons and then test playback.
I've uninstalled Artwork Downloader and went back to default skin but it still stuttered. I've noticed my wireless network card keeps losing signal and disconnecting showing the yellow ! on the windows task bar. Could this be the problem.
(2012-06-02, 15:48)voyagerxp Wrote: I've uninstalled Artwork Downloader and went back to default skin but it still stuttered. I've noticed my wireless network card keeps losing signal and disconnecting showing the yellow ! on the windows task bar. Could this be the problem.

Does that always happen (like when you are downloading with your browser?) or only when xbmc is running?
Image [RELEASE] Metroid
Image [RELEASE] IrcChat
only when xbmc is running, i don't really use my htpc to browse.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intermittent Stuttering0