Installing XBNCbuntu
I have made a USB boot drive, but installing it, it appeares to have crashed. How long would it normally take to install??
Ok I actually fell asleep whilst trying to install it. It's still sitting at installing system, the blue bar is about two thirds completed.

Is there anything else I can try, I've been using xbmc for ages, the idea of this was to make a set top box type thing, so my son could use the other computer.
One other thing the computer has NOT crashed the mouse is still working, and I can still click through the slides. It is the install that is not working.

If I click on the installing system bar I get the time still counting up, live kernel: [ number that keeps changing] atal: EH complete
Ok it's actually just finished, but it's really and I mean really slow. Is as if the video etc drivers aren't installed. Being new to Ubuntu I don't know how to do that
What video card?
HTPC 1 - Zotac ZBOX ID80U | 4GB RAM | 64GB SSD | Openelec | Confluence
HTPC 2 - Zotac ZBOX ID41U | 4GB RAM | 60GB SSD | Openelec | Confluence
Server - unRAID Server | 3 x 2TB WD Green HDD, 1TB WD Black HDD (Cache) | Sabnzbd | CouchPotato | Sickbeard
    Int. GFX Y (ATI Radeon Xpress1250)

I don't actually think that's the problem. As if I exit xbmc and goto open box it's normal speed

hmm it probably took 5-10 mins to install to my hd from a usb stick.
It took over an hour, but now it's installed it's so slow moving menus. It's unusable
I have a system with that chipset. I'll test when I get home from work with it and see how it goes.
Thx mate, I am now trying to install full version of Ubuntu then xbmc on that see if that works
to be sure that your graphic card isn't responsible, can you give us the output of the following commands :
dmesg | grep drm
and
glxinfo | grep render

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Installing XBNCbuntu0