Watched / Unwatched / All Videos is faulty
I've just been importing a whole lot of movies and working through the various menu options on the slide out menu on the left and I've discovered what appears to be a bug with the Watched / Unwatched filter.

I'm not sure if this is specific to the Aeon Nox 3.0 skin that I'm using but I'll explain.

If you go into your movies list in any view and you have NO movies marked as watched (some marked as New, some not) and then you slide out the menu on the left and you select the 3 state Watched / Unwatched / All Videos option there which cycles through those 3 modes, you will see that when you change to Watched the whole lost disappears as expected because no movies are marked as Watched BUT if you then change to Unwatched or All Videos the movies don't come back!

If, however, you have at least one movie marked as Watched, and then you cycle through the modes, you will see that it correctly switches between showing only that one movie in the list when you have Watched selected and it WILL show you all Unwatched movies when you switch to that mode and All Movies including both Watched and Unwatched when you switch to All Videos mode.

So the bottom line is: If you don't have at least one movie marked as Watched, that filter doesn't work properly after you change it once, and all your movies will vanish. Fanart still shows and cycles in Extrafanart mode, but the list of covers is gone.

You have to leave the Movies area, go back to the main menu, then come back in and it sorts itself out.
The same applies the other way too.

If you set all the movies to Watched, then switch to Unwatched mode, you see no movies, which is correct, but if you then switch back to Watched mode or All Videos mode, you still see nothing, it doesn't bring the list back.

So if you don't have a mixture of Watched and Unwatched in your movie list that feature doesn't work correctly.
See the pull requests on github - one of them takes care of this one and will be merged in the June window (i.e. tomorrow).
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Excellent
Having a similar issue with latest openelec frodo build (released today) and latest git pull of Aeon Nox 4.0 skin:

In tv shows, I keep the toggle on unwatched by default; if I change to watched, it works at first; but then if I click on a show, then exit the show, all shows disappear and it says I have 0/0 shows; at that point, toggling the option back to unwatched or all doesn't change anything - it remains showing nothing and 0/0 shows. It only fixes itself upon a reboot.

Unlike the issue reported by the OP, this occurs even though I have a mix of watched/unwatched episodes and shows.
I've actually experienced this once or twice in the Frodo Alpha 6 Windows build running on Windows 7 64 bit as well.

It's not quite the same issue as my original post but as Capitol K says, it's very similar.

And I can confirm that only a restart of XBMC resolves the issue.

I hadn't reported it yet because Frodo is still Alpha so I figured I'd wait a bit for future updates and see if it keeps happening or not.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Watched / Unwatched / All Videos is faulty0