[RELEASE] Scrobbler service for last.fm / libre.fm
this addon will work with nightly builds only!

currently the ability to submit song data to last.fm / libre.fm is built-in in XBMC.
we are planning to move this functionality to an addon in future releases of XBMC.

if you're currently using the song submission option in XBMC, please help out in testing this addon:
service.scrobbler-0.0.1.zip

after installing, disable the XBMC Song submission functionality (System > Music > Song submission)
and enable it in this addon (System > Add-ons > Enabled add-ons > Services > Scrobbler)

please let me know if things are working ok or not...
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Thanks for this!

I'll test it later, but I'm an XBMC user so I will certainly use this a whole bunch.

matt

--
Matt Lee
Founder, Libre.fm
Working fine for me on Last.fm songs are scrobbling

but it doesn't show this like the original one does

"Scrobbling from XBMC Media Center"
Image ImageImage
OS: Windows 7 Ultimate x64 -XBMC git nightly build - Skin: !T svn updated nightly
MB: Asus M4A785-M
CPU: AMD Phenom X4 9850 - 2.5GHz @ 2.7GHz
RAM: Patriot PC6400 4GB DDR2
HD Space: (3) WD Caviar Black 1 TB, (1) WD Caviar Green 1.5 TB
(2012-06-02, 01:40)EclipseGT Wrote: Working fine for me on Last.fm songs are scrobbling

but it doesn't show this like the original one does

"Scrobbling from XBMC Media Center"
it will in the final version.

for now i'm using a test key, just in case i f'ed something up in the script.
i don't wanna risk our xbmc key to be revoked because of my sloppy coding skillz :-)
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
I've already scrobbled about 20 songs and seems to work fine for me
Image ImageImage
OS: Windows 7 Ultimate x64 -XBMC git nightly build - Skin: !T svn updated nightly
MB: Asus M4A785-M
CPU: AMD Phenom X4 9850 - 2.5GHz @ 2.7GHz
RAM: Patriot PC6400 4GB DDR2
HD Space: (3) WD Caviar Black 1 TB, (1) WD Caviar Green 1.5 TB
@ronie,

The plugin works fine for me (just as the usual built-in scrobbler does).

However, just as the original built-in code, the service is not scrobbling songs from the Pandora plugin (see git://github.com/rivy/xbmc-pandora.git [use the most recent commit in master, v2.1.0]; discussion @ http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=70471). The plugin uses streamed songs, supplied from Pandora. I fixed this scrobbling error in an earlier incarnation of the Pandora plugin by adding duration information to the music description structure (https://github.com/rivy/xbmc-pandora/com...71050953a4). However, the new JSON API doesn't report a song duration anymore, and so duration can't currently be set to a real, correct value.

Ultimately, the XBMC player does correctly determine the duration (and displays it in the song information overlay graphic), but the songs still won't scrobble. They are listed briefly as being "listening", but not ever finally scrobbled.

Is there a way to add logic, so that if the duration is missing (or 0, or negative), that the service calculates it (or, at least, just submits the scrobble after 30 seconds of play)?

- Roy
(2012-08-13, 16:27)rivy Wrote: @ronie,

The plugin works fine for me (just as the usual built-in scrobbler does).

However, just as the original built-in code, the service is not scrobbling songs from the Pandora plugin (see git://github.com/rivy/xbmc-pandora.git [use the most recent commit in master, v2.1.0]; discussion @ http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=70471). The plugin uses streamed songs, supplied from Pandora. I fixed this scrobbling error in an earlier incarnation of the Pandora plugin by adding duration information to the music description structure (https://github.com/rivy/xbmc-pandora/com...71050953a4). However, the new JSON API doesn't report a song duration anymore, and so duration can't currently be set to a real, correct value.

Ultimately, the XBMC player does correctly determine the duration (and displays it in the song information overlay graphic), but the songs still won't scrobble. They are listed briefly as being "listening", but not ever finally scrobbled.

Is there a way to add logic, so that if the duration is missing (or 0, or negative), that the service calculates it (or, at least, just submits the scrobble after 30 seconds of play)?

- Roy

just scrobble after 30 secs is no option, this would be against last.fm rules (the song needs to be played half at least).

i installed the pandora addon to see if there's something i can fix, but it appears to be only accessible to U.S. users.
(2012-08-15, 22:46)ronie Wrote: ...
just scrobble after 30 secs is no option, this would be against last.fm rules (the song needs to be played half at least).

i installed the pandora addon to see if there's something i can fix, but it appears to be only accessible to U.S. users.

Yes, I see it requests scrobbles only for songs after 50% of total duration or 4 minutes (whichever is less).

To test the Pandora plugin, try using Tunnel Bear VPN. It has VPN portals in the US and it's free for up to 500MB per month.
(2012-08-16, 01:31)rivy Wrote:
(2012-08-15, 22:46)ronie Wrote: ...

Yes, I see it requests scrobbles only for songs after 50% of total duration or 4 minutes (whichever is less).

To test the Pandora plugin, try using Tunnel Bear VPN. It has VPN portals in the US and it's free for up to 500MB per month.

i'm out of luck again as it's not available for linux.
but frankly, i'm not interested in hacking my way around whatever limitations pandora has put in place.
Hi Ronie,

Looking forward to scrobbling being an extra plugin instead of built-in - always seemed a little odd. Is there any news with this plugin? Is it included with the XBMC 13 betas?

Also, I have the very annoying problem (as I'm sure many others do, too) with XBMC 12 whereby the scrobbler doesn't follow the "50% of the song or X seconds" rule. If I'm listening to Song A, and listen to it till right before the end, and then change to another song on another album, the Song A won't be recorded on my account, even though it was registered as "currently listening" while I was listening to it.

Does your plugin suffer from this behaviour?
(2013-07-23, 09:48)ventolin Wrote: Hi Ronie,

Looking forward to scrobbling being an extra plugin instead of built-in - always seemed a little odd. Is there any news with this plugin? Is it included with the XBMC 13 betas?

Also, I have the very annoying problem (as I'm sure many others do, too) with XBMC 12 whereby the scrobbler doesn't follow the "50% of the song or X seconds" rule. If I'm listening to Song A, and listen to it till right before the end, and then change to another song on another album, the Song A won't be recorded on my account, even though it was registered as "currently listening" while I was listening to it.

Does your plugin suffer from this behaviour?

this addon is no longer available (i'll close this thread)

the last.fm scrobbler is now part of the last.fm plugin: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=154230
the libre.fm scrobbler is available separately: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=158540

both can be downloaded through the xbmc addon repo.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Scrobbler service for last.fm / libre.fm0