Win HDMI Audio channel issue
Weird one here, guys. I just came back from a two week vacation so I'm not sure exactly when this stopped working.

Prior to that, I was able to get 5.1 audio through the HDMI cable from my ATI 5770 to my Sony LCD TV which then connects via optical out to my Logitech z5500.

I noticed that this stopped working today when I watched my first 5.1 video file since vacation and was only seeing Dolby PL II on my z5500 panel. I've searched and searched and tried a few things but can't figure out why it stopped working.

I've already tried an uninstall/reinstall of the Catalyst drivers (although I'm sure it actually uninstalled), installed Realtek HD Audio driver, and a classic Windows reboot.

I'd love any tips or suggestions on what to try tomorrow morning.

Cheers!
Is the TV gettong 5.1? Are you sure it ever really sent 5.1 audio from the HDMI input to the optical out? If the TV is receiving DD5.1 then it's an issue in the TV settings.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
(2012-05-31, 07:03)DDDamian Wrote: Is the TV gettong 5.1? Are you sure it ever really sent 5.1 audio from the HDMI input to the optical out? If the TV is receiving DD5.1 then it's an issue in the TV settings.

I am sure about it ever getting 5.1. For example: I had a file of a TV show where the opening "what happened last week" was in 2.1 and I could see it says 'Dolby PLII Movie (or something)' on the z5500 panel and then when the actual episode started, it would change to 'Digital'.

I'm not sure what the hell happened in these two weeks while I was away. This is driving me bonkers.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HDMI Audio channel issue0