no "HD" sound nvidia 420 GT
Hi

I have installed nvidia drivers for ubuntu (the nouvea drivers made the screen flicker in xbmc) but i have a strange problem.
When i run xbmc for all the "SD" quality movies i have sound and everything works perfect but when i switch to a "HD" (.mkv) file i get no sound.
My HDMI cable is connected to the graphic card and sound inside xbmc work too, for example playing around with the menus.
Any ideas on what could be wrong here?
Im able to use mplayer outside of xbmc and get sound from .mkv files too it's just xbmc that won't work.

xbmc 11 (eden), ubuntu 12.04 LTS, cpu c2d e6850,8 gig ram, asus motherboard and nvidia 420 gt graphic card.
In windows this worked fine had no issues with xbmc but i wanted to try out linux so...
Do you have a Passthrough Audio Device set? Did you also check "DTS capable receiver" and "Dolby Digital capable receiver"? If so, then your passthrough setup is incorrect or the connected device does not support AC3/DTS audio (e.g., most TVs).
HTPC 1 - Zotac ZBOX ID80U | 4GB RAM | 64GB SSD | Openelec | Confluence
HTPC 2 - Zotac ZBOX ID41U | 4GB RAM | 60GB SSD | Openelec | Confluence
Server - unRAID Server | 3 x 2TB WD Green HDD, 1TB WD Black HDD (Cache) | Sabnzbd | CouchPotato | Sickbeard
I have it connected to my reciever.
Reinstalling OS and will try that after.
reinstalled OS now and i set passthrough audio device to nvidia hdmi (ALSA), is that wrong?
Possibly. List the output for the following commands:
Code:
$ lspci | grep -i audio
$ aplay -l
$ aplay -L

# If you see "hdmi:..." in the last command, does this produce sound?
$ speaker-test -D plug:hdmi
HTPC 1 - Zotac ZBOX ID80U | 4GB RAM | 64GB SSD | Openelec | Confluence
HTPC 2 - Zotac ZBOX ID41U | 4GB RAM | 60GB SSD | Openelec | Confluence
Server - unRAID Server | 3 x 2TB WD Green HDD, 1TB WD Black HDD (Cache) | Sabnzbd | CouchPotato | Sickbeard

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
no "HD" sound nvidia 420 GT0