[windows] quick question about userdata
i've read all the wiki entries but i'm still not 100% sure...

if i want to backup all my data (skins, repositories, UI configurations, artwork, etc etc) do i just need to copy the entire Users\%userprofile%\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\ folder?

the biggest thing in this folder is obviously all the artwork; if i have already exported my library to separate entries, do i still need to copy it from userdata?
Yes that is the proper folder that holds everything related to your XBMC profile.

Thumbnails will need to be backed up or they will have to be-recreated.
From what I understand, exporting the library will only export the library part. You will still have to back up the thumbnails, sources, keymaps etc by yourself.
(2012-06-01, 04:49)mehal88 Wrote: From what I understand, exporting the library will only export the library part. You will still have to back up the thumbnails, sources, keymaps etc by yourself.

I think there is a prompt to export the artwork as well during the library export. Making a copy of the user data folder is still a good idea though.
there is an add-on called XBMC Backup...but i think all it really does is copy your userdata in the xbmc GUI and makes it easier for newbs to backup/restore right in the program.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[windows] quick question about userdata0