• 5(current)
[MOD] reFocus BIG v.0.88.6
This is amazing. I'll definitely be following reFocus reLoaded!
Contribute to TheTVDB.com - The Online TV Database
(2012-06-27, 09:03)Sabish Wrote:
(2012-06-23, 20:32)PatrickBateman Wrote: This is great news,

Can I make a small request though, if it's a calibration, can we please have an option for the fonts in Sabishs mod, and the small clock etc as I think Sabishs new font is so beautiful, and the smaller font/colck etc is better for large screens, where as the big mod is better for small screens (IMO)

I like the big mod, but the fonts just dont work, whereas Sabishs mod totally and completely nailed it for me. That font, the size, the colours etc are just Fantasic Smile

Looking forward to seeing what's next for this guys.
So grateful of the work you guys are doing.
Pat~

Hey Paul,

I agree with Patrick, my fontset + the ability to choose between small and big clock are the only things missing : if we go for the "all in 1", it has to stay coherent whether you choose a light combination, or a stronger one.

Plus, for whatever reason, your package with all the mods seems to have a lot less issues with clearart/studios logos/overlays/etc. not showing up than my mods, so it may be best to have one and only mod with all the goodies to spot remaining bugs, etc.

...when everything is stable, we can change the name to reFocus reLoaded and start from there Wink

Hey Sabish,

sorry that this week I did not have time yet to work on any of the changes that we had discussed.

I just had time to create a github repository for refocus big:

git://github.com/paulsalem/skin-refocusbig.git
https://github.com/paulsalem/skin-refocusbig.git

I agree with you, I will complete the pending changes in refocus big, fix all the bugs that I can and we will start working on reFocus reLoaded Smile

TODO
  • Add ReAlaska fontsent.
  • Add optional support for backspace key going back to home menu.
  • Add an option to have small clock.

hello everyone
just a word to say that I was going from skin to skin until the release of "relaska"
I'm so pleased that talented guy decide to work together to offer us their best!!
I can not wait to get the " full relaska" experience with the fonts and everything!!
Now it's time for me to be a pain in the neck but do you intend to fully support "advance launcher"?
just with the relaska theme it's quite nice but I miss some view to get the perfect htpc...
anyway many thanks to everyone!!!
cheers
great news!
this is so cool, big refocus is my favorite mod and the realaska themes are awesome.
Now I can't wait to see reFocus reLoaded!
I would really like to thank these two talented guys, Paul and Sabish, for all the work they are doing with refocus.
I am sure the community appreciate their efforts and time.
(2012-06-27, 23:02)Paul Salem Wrote: Hey Sabish,

sorry that this week I did not have time yet to work on any of the changes that we had discussed.

I agree with you, I will complete the pending changes in refocus big, fix all the bugs that I can and we will start working on reFocus reLoaded Smile

TODO
  • Add ReAlaska fontsent.

Hey Paul,

Nice work on the github repo : i'm not familiar with it yet, but i will look into it. Does it mean we can push updates, and let users be notified when it's updated (like others skins) ?

Anyway, i will send you a PM today to discuss a couple of things Wink

I'm also currently swamped with work, so take your time, no rush here Cool
My reFocus mods : reAlaska & reAlaska (Dark)
NOOB ALERT!!!!

Moving from Aeon Nox 3.0 this is definitely my fav skin as it is so clean and provides exactly what I need.

2 issues I'm currently facing are.

1. When looking at Music and Artist View it is not pulling data from LAST.FM (works fine in Aeon) HOWEVER this is not a deal breaker.
2. When I pause Films it shows the movie cover in the bottom right. When I do this for TV Shows it does not display anything at all and is just blank (this one I would really like)

Thanks
(2012-06-28, 11:30)LanceyJSC Wrote: NOOB ALERT!!!!

Moving from Aeon Nox 3.0 this is definitely my fav skin as it is so clean and provides exactly what I need.

2 issues I'm currently facing are.

1. When looking at Music and Artist View it is not pulling data from LAST.FM (works fine in Aeon) HOWEVER this is not a deal breaker.
2. When I pause Films it shows the movie cover in the bottom right. When I do this for TV Shows it does not display anything at all and is just blank (this one I would really like)

Thanks
For TVshows clearart to show up, make sure you have the right clearart.png file at the root of every one of your TVshows folders : you can use the artworkdownloader add-on to scrape them automatically for you (search the forum for more info).
My reFocus mods : reAlaska & reAlaska (Dark)
Ah right! I thought it done it automatically as I download all the posters, tbn's etc using media companion but I know it does not have clearart download. Rather than let XBMC overwrite my stuff I will search using the internet instead of using the built in scraper.

To be honest I thought it would show the TV series snapshot rather than the clearart if it was not downloaded.

1 down just need to now how to get the music artist info to appear now. If I can get that then I will be the happiest I have ever been since trying to find the perfect XBMC skin.
(2012-06-28, 10:46)Sabish Wrote:
(2012-06-27, 23:02)Paul Salem Wrote: Hey Sabish,

TODO
  • Add ReAlaska fontsent.

Hey Paul,

Nice work on the github repo : i'm not familiar with it yet, but i will look into it. Does it mean we can push updates, and let users be notified when it's updated (like others skins) ?

Anyway, i will send you a PM today to discuss a couple of things Wink

I'm also currently swamped with work, so take your time, no rush here Cool

Hey Sabish,

that's correct Smile . Having a github repo will be good to manage the reFocus reLoaded project.
That way as you mentioned, we will be able to push updates, keep track of the changes, let the users know when the skin is updated, or even accept pull requests if someone else wants to contribute.

My plan is to create a branch for refocus BIG once I am done with the latest changes and bugs fixes, and then change the repository name to reFocus reLoaded, keeping the master branch for all the new changes.

Hi All. Thanks Paul and Sabish on your continued effort to keep this skin alive. I have always loved this skin, but a few mods/issues always kept me from using it 100%. Please allow me to offer a few small suggestions for the new and improved reFocus reLoaded (good name btw)...

Please add an option to include Galefury's side by side banner view (http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=102127). Also, if possible to change the selected show from the white border to the "pop out" look of the thumbnails viewtype. I always have difficulty seeing which show is selected... especially against the beautiful white realaska theme.

I currently have my TV library scraped using the default options which are now banners instead of posters (unless you select "prefer posters" from the scrape menu of course). This causes the problem of reFocus using the default thumbnail for all views whether they are designed for banners or posters. For example, if I'm in the banner view and bring up the information screen, it will show a banner squished into the size of a poster. I'm not sure how difficult this is to implement, but can an option be set to "use poster.jpg in poster views" and "use banner.jpg" in banner views" that will pull the files from the show folders?

Paul, I know that you posted the "back-to-home_fix" and I do prefer this option as I think most do, but with this mod you lose the filtering options (Genres, Year, Actors etc...). Is there a way to keep backspace going directly to home menu, but also add the filtering options? I'm not exactly sure what options there are except for hitting left on the tv show screen and having the menu in there (but during kiosk mode this would be inaccessible) or possibly setting up another button to go there? Any ideas?

Thanks again..
kk
(2012-06-29, 07:27)knewknow Wrote: Paul, I know that you posted the "back-to-home_fix" and I do prefer this option as I think most do, but with this mod you lose the filtering options (Genres, Year, Actors etc...). Is there a way to keep backspace going directly to home menu, but also add the filtering options? I'm not exactly sure what options there are except for hitting left on the tv show screen and having the menu in there (but during kiosk mode this would be inaccessible) or possibly setting up another button to go there? Any ideas

you can just add those options to the main menu so when you click movies, you get browse, genre, year, director. that's what i've done.
Hmm...
Problem with that is it makes the home menu have sub menus (which I don't use/like) and alienates those of us who really like the current setup.

Its rather good as default, i dont get the issue? "Del" takes you back to the options menus for genre etc and "esc" takes you back to the home screen. Esc is on my keyboard and my MCE Remote (labeled as clear) so for me it works perfect "as-is"

If anything I think this should be an option not a complete change, but that just my opinion Smile
(2012-06-29, 14:08)PatrickBateman Wrote: Its rather good as default, i dont get the issue? "Del" takes you back to the options menus for genre etc and "esc" takes you back to the home screen. Esc is on my keyboard and my MCE Remote (labeled as clear) so for me it works perfect "as-is"

If you have a minimalistic remote like the apple remote, then you have not enough keys for that. Wink

Quick one, tried going through all the settings but cant figure this out.

When playing music and going back to the main screen and then full screen the music fanart moves and pulls images from the web. How do I stop this please? Dont want my fanart moving.
(2012-06-29, 14:22)newsilentsilver Wrote:
(2012-06-29, 14:08)PatrickBateman Wrote: Its rather good as default, i dont get the issue? "Del" takes you back to the options menus for genre etc and "esc" takes you back to the home screen. Esc is on my keyboard and my MCE Remote (labeled as clear) so for me it works perfect "as-is"

If you have a minimalistic remote like the apple remote, then you have not enough keys for that. Wink

Ahh, I see Smile
Well hopefully an option will be added to keep us all happy Wink
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] reFocus BIG v.0.88.615