• 6(current)
[MOD] reFocus BIG v.0.88.6
Paul,
I like this... I always have problems reading the small fonts.

Also, it would be great if you could add an option for an Alaska style horizontal home menu... I think it looks very elegant and clean. And IMO much more visually appealing than a vertical menu.

thx for considering.
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
(2012-07-01, 23:41)Livin Wrote: Paul,

Also, it would be great if you could add an option for an Alaska style horizontal home menu... I think it looks very elegant and clean. And IMO much more visually appealing than a vertical menu.

thx for considering.

yes I agree. Please add this if possible.

can you please add a weather widget on this skin. I like to see the current weather on the top navigation screen? Also if possible a weather widget on the wather home menu to show the next couple of days.

Big Grin
Nvidia Shield with Kodi 18

(2012-06-30, 23:51)PatrickBateman Wrote:
(2012-06-29, 14:22)newsilentsilver Wrote:
(2012-06-29, 14:08)PatrickBateman Wrote: Its rather good as default, i dont get the issue? "Del" takes you back to the options menus for genre etc and "esc" takes you back to the home screen. Esc is on my keyboard and my MCE Remote (labeled as clear) so for me it works perfect "as-is"

If you have a minimalistic remote like the apple remote, then you have not enough keys for that. Wink

Ahh, I see Smile
Well hopefully an option will be added to keep us all happy Wink

I will add a setting to switch between current behaviour and the back-to-home_fix one.
(2012-07-01, 23:41)Livin Wrote: Paul,

thx for considering.

Thanks for the feedback.

Actually, I am working with Sabish on creating a new version of reFocus, that will be called reFocus reLoaded.
We are currently still planning but definitely an Alaska style horizontal home menu is what we have in mind, so that we can offer an alternative layout and bring some fresh ideas on the current reFocus setup.

good to hear, since it seems refocus is dead and jeroen is MIA.
(2012-07-04, 12:10)wolfbiker Wrote: good to hear, since it seems refocus is dead and jeroen is MIA.

Not quite there's been a couple of changes on the git version in the last 5 days by Jeroen Wink
(2012-07-04, 13:25)nemulate Wrote:
(2012-07-04, 12:10)wolfbiker Wrote: good to hear, since it seems refocus is dead and jeroen is MIA.

Not quite there's been a couple of changes on the git version in the last 5 days by Jeroen Wink

It's nice to know that Jeroen is back on track.
The more developments on refocus, the better.
(2012-07-04, 13:25)nemulate Wrote:

Will be interesting to see what Jeroen has planned.

Really looking forward to the Refocus Reloaded project as some really good stuff already and the home screen is probably the poorest part of Refocus so will love to have some customisation on that.
Hello all,

I'm really sorry for those questions, maybe already known by all...but i didn't find anything related in the forum.

1. I love slideshow of fanart in the top menu. But it didn't work now, nothing appears, and i think i know what (but i don't know how to correct this...) : in the options, i can activate the "use slideshow", but then, this will hide the 'use custome slideshow' option...if i disable 'use slideshow' then this will show the 'use custom slideshow'...weird !
EDIT : I just found why : the path to the fanarts (special://profile/thumbnails/video/fanart) is empty, but i have all fanarts in each film folder : how can i automatically fullfill the fanart's  path ?

2. I wanted to use CdArt, CDArt manager is installed, it downloaded some stuff (album, artist logo), when i open the addon in 'addon programs' i can see the albums. But nothing appears on the general menu, or in the music menu. I tried to open contextual menu on the general menu, but nothing more than options sleeping related...

Some ideas please ?

Thanks for your time, please take this cookie for all the stuff you made, it's purely amazing !
(and sorry for my english !)
Hi all,

Absolutely loving this skin so far. One question though; I used banners for my TV art, and when I go into a TV show that has multiple seasons, the poster image for "all seasons" is distorted and "squished". Is there any way to get around that? It may not even be related to the fact that I use banners; just pointing it out. I have seen others post on the basic reFocus thread that this is an issue, and it won't be addressed by the author.

How do people get around it?

Cheers all, any help would be great.
For those of you that are running this skin on linux (I'm running XBMC on OpenElec), there is something you have to change in order to get certain menu sounds working properly. Or anyway, that was the case for me. With the default skin sounds, I couldn't get any sounds when going down and up the menus, which usually would trigger the following .wav file \.xbmc\addons\skin.refocus.big\sounds\Cursor.wav

As linux is case sensitive, I had to modify the following lines in the file \.xbmc\addons\skin.refocus.big\sounds\sounds.xml in order to get the up/down sound on the menus working :

<action>
<name>up</name>
<file>cursor.wav</file>
</action>
<action>
<name>down</name>
<file>cursor.wav</file>
</action>
<action>

to

<action>
<name>up</name>
<file>Cursor.wav</file>
</action>
<action>
<name>down</name>
<file>Cursor.wav</file>
</action>
<action>

Love this skin, keep up the good work.

Cheers
Hey all,

Did the "big" release ever add the fonts etc from the Alaska mod and the option for a small clock etc? I thought that was going to be implemented before refocus reloaded is started?

Looking forward to the reloaded release, any news from you guys? Any teasers Wink
Never been a huge fan of the refocus font - especially on the home screen. Has anyone tried using this skin with the Android roboto font? Really love that font, but not sure how well it'd work.
(2012-07-15, 20:02)PatrickBateman Wrote: Hey all,

Did the "big" release ever add the fonts etc from the Alaska mod and the option for a small clock etc? I thought that was going to be implemented before refocus reloaded is started?

Looking forward to the reloaded release, any news from you guys? Any teasers Wink

Sorry for the lack of updates, I was attending the Akademy event and I didn't have time to implement the latest changes as discussed. Hopefully, I should have ready the new version by the end of the week.
Great stuff,
Thanks for the update Smile
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] reFocus BIG v.0.88.615