• 55(current)
xbmc minified as a server?
Please make PRs of this, it helps the project very little by being buried in the forum Smile
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
Does this work with Kodi 14 also?
Where's the PR? Wink
Philips TV with Kodi 20.2 with IPTV --- Orbsmart 500 Android 21 alpha/beta as Online-radio/TV in the kitchen
(2014-05-11, 05:02)fma965 Wrote: http://cyanlabs.co.uk/tutorials/guide-he...-for-linux

Decided to update the guide tonight instead. check the link above for the fixed/updated version.

http://cyanlabs.net/Thread-Guide-Headles...-for-Linux

Fixed link.

Obviously there is various other ways too, like the docker way or whatever.
@fma965 - do the instructions you've posted work with the latest release of helix (beta 1)?

@wernerb - what if your srouces have multipaths? for example, for "tv shows" i have a source for cartoons, another for anime, etc. how would start the docker version? also, are add-ons supported? what about sources like PlayOn?
(2014-11-09, 06:10)hellohello Wrote: @fma965 - do the instructions you've posted work with the latest release of helix (beta 1)?

Unknown, I was just coming on here to ask if any one had any Helix Beta 2 Instructions as i am now running Helix on all my systems and need to update the headless install.
(2014-11-12, 19:41)fma965 Wrote:
(2014-11-09, 06:10)hellohello Wrote: @fma965 - do the instructions you've posted work with the latest release of helix (beta 1)?

Unknown, I was just coming on here to ask if any one had any Helix Beta 2 Instructions as i am now running Helix on all my systems and need to update the headless install.

Your patch is portable to Helix b2. I did it manually.

I also had to remove disable-xrandr, but it may be because of my distrib.
(2014-11-13, 12:41)Odon Wrote:
(2014-11-12, 19:41)fma965 Wrote:

Your patch is portable to Helix b2. I did it manually.

I also had to remove disable-xrandr, but it may be because of my distrib.

Hi, It's not my patch i just made the guide, So can you confirm the guide i wrote works for helix then? If so i know what i'm doing when i finish work lol.
I should check my command line history for proper ./configure parameter.

The patch linked in your guide does not work out of the box because of Makefile.in update for Helix, but update is quite easy (just find the new lines to update)
(2014-11-13, 14:32)Odon Wrote: I should check my command line history for proper ./configure parameter.

The patch linked in your guide does not work out of the box because of Makefile.in update for Helix, but update is quite easy (just find the new lines to update)

Could you do that please Smile Also if possible make a new patch and i will make a new guide relevant to Kodi Helix (credit to your for the patch and config options)
Hi ,

I've try to update the docker xbmc-server to kodi / new ubuntu LTS
* ubuntu 14.04
* kodi 14.0b3

Here is the repo

https://github.com/Celedhrim/docker-xbmc...mits/helix

All build successfully but xbmc-server and xbmcVideoscanlibrary segfault Sad

Code:
root@80f92061b2b9:/opt/xbmc-server# ./xbmcVideoLibraryScan --no-test --nolirc -p
Segmentation fault
root@80f92061b2b9:/opt/xbmc-server# ./xbmcVideoLibraryScan --no-test --nolirc
XBMC Media Center 14.0-BETA3 Git:2014-11-18-88a9a44-dirty
Copyright (C) 2005-2011 Team XBMC - http://www.xbmc.org

Starting Video Library Scan

Segmentation fault

I'm not a C developper , so at this point I don't know what to do to progress.

If my work at this point can help ... Smile
(2014-11-17, 18:09)fma965 Wrote:
(2014-11-13, 14:32)Odon Wrote: I should check my command line history for proper ./configure parameter.

Could you do that please Smile Also if possible make a new patch and i will make a new guide relevant to Kodi Helix (credit to your for the patch and config options)

Here is my configure:
Code:
./configure --enable-shared-lib --disable-debug --disable-vdpau --disable-vaapi --disable-crystalhd --disable-vtbdecoder --disable-vtbdecoder --disable-openmax --disable-joystick --disable-rsxs --disable-projectm --disable-rtmp --disable-airplay --disable-airtunes --disable-dvdcss --disable-optical-drive --disable-libbluray --disable-libusb --disable-libcec --disablelibmp3lame --disable-libcap --disable-pulse --disable-alsa --disable-udev

and my patch file for beta2: http://pastebin.com/UU1eX6zY
Hello,

(2014-11-20, 21:52)Odon Wrote: Here is my configure:
Code:
./configure --enable-shared-lib --disable-debug --disable-vdpau --disable-vaapi --disable-crystalhd --disable-vtbdecoder --disable-vtbdecoder --disable-openmax --disable-joystick --disable-rsxs --disable-projectm --disable-rtmp --disable-airplay --disable-airtunes --disable-dvdcss --disable-optical-drive --disable-libbluray --disable-libusb --disable-libcec --disablelibmp3lame --disable-libcap --disable-pulse --disable-alsa --disable-udev

and my patch file for beta2: http://pastebin.com/UU1eX6zY

Seems your patch doesn't apply

Code:
$ git clone https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc.git -b 14.0b2-Helix --depth=1
$ cd xbmc
$ wget -O patch.diff "http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=UU1eX6zY"
$ git apply patch.diff
fatal: corrupt patch at line 8

Are sure to use helix beta2 ?
Damn !

dos2unix solve the fatal error , but au new one raise after file conversion

Code:
error: patch failed: Makefile.in:365
error: Makefile.in: patch does not apply

I don't know why it doesn't apply.
All seems ok when I look Makefile.in and your patch
for those interested in getting this running for helix beta 3/git master i was successful in getting it built and operational under ubuntu server 12.04.5 LTS

using this set of patches here
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/5071.patch

with [PATCH 12/19] removed as it is already part of current builds

this allows one to run a headless kodi build with the original executable just by executing it with the "--headless" option so far it seems to be quite stable
(2014-11-21, 08:46)timmyj9 Wrote: for those interested in getting this running for helix beta 3/git master i was successful in getting it built and operational under ubuntu server 12.04.5 LTS

using this set of patches here
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/5071.patch

with [PATCH 12/19] removed as it is already part of current builds

this allows one to run a headless kodi build with the original executable just by executing it with the "--headless" option so far it seems to be quite stable

I tried this on Ubuntu 12.04, applying patch spouts a lot of "patch does not apply" messages. Went ahead and built it anyway (after using Odons configure line above minus --disablelibmp3lame), "built successfully" but make install complains about missing kodi-xrandr (I tried adding --enable-xrandr to configure line), and when running I get this:
Code:
user@server:~/blehkodi/xbmc/xbmc# kodi --headless
/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/gtk-2.0/gtk/__init__.py:57: GtkWarning: could not open display
  warnings.warn(str(e), _gtk.Warning)
Error: unable to open display
/usr/local/share/kodi/FEH.py:69: Warning: invalid (NULL) pointer instance
  window = gtk.Window(gtk.WINDOW_TOPLEVEL)
/usr/local/share/kodi/FEH.py:69: Warning: g_signal_connect_data: assertion `G_TYPE_CHECK_INSTANCE (instance)' failed
  window = gtk.Window(gtk.WINDOW_TOPLEVEL)
/usr/local/share/kodi/FEH.py:83: GtkWarning: IA__gtk_settings_get_for_screen: assertion `GDK_IS_SCREEN (screen)' failed
  button = gtk.Button("Quit")
/usr/local/share/kodi/FEH.py:83: Warning: g_object_get: assertion `G_IS_OBJECT (object)' failed
  button = gtk.Button("Quit")
/usr/local/share/kodi/FEH.py:88: GtkWarning: Screen for GtkWindow not set; you must always set
a screen for a GtkWindow before using the window
  window.show_all ()
/usr/local/share/kodi/FEH.py:88: GtkWarning: IA__gdk_pango_context_get_for_screen: assertion `GDK_IS_SCREEN (screen)' failed
  window.show_all ()
/usr/local/share/kodi/FEH.py:88: PangoWarning: pango_context_set_font_description: assertion `context != NULL' failed
  window.show_all ()
/usr/local/share/kodi/FEH.py:88: PangoWarning: pango_context_set_base_dir: assertion `context != NULL' failed
  window.show_all ()
/usr/local/share/kodi/FEH.py:88: PangoWarning: pango_context_set_language: assertion `context != NULL' failed
  window.show_all ()
/usr/local/share/kodi/FEH.py:88: PangoWarning: pango_layout_new: assertion `context != NULL' failed
  window.show_all ()
/usr/local/share/kodi/FEH.py:88: PangoWarning: pango_layout_set_text: assertion `layout != NULL' failed
  window.show_all ()
/usr/local/share/kodi/FEH.py:88: PangoWarning: pango_layout_set_alignment: assertion `layout != NULL' failed
  window.show_all ()
/usr/local/share/kodi/FEH.py:88: PangoWarning: pango_layout_set_ellipsize: assertion `PANGO_IS_LAYOUT (layout)' failed
  window.show_all ()
/usr/local/share/kodi/FEH.py:88: PangoWarning: pango_layout_set_single_paragraph_mode: assertion `PANGO_IS_LAYOUT (layout)' failed
  window.show_all ()
/usr/local/share/kodi/FEH.py:88: PangoWarning: pango_layout_set_width: assertion `layout != NULL' failed
  window.show_all ()
/usr/local/share/kodi/FEH.py:88: PangoWarning: pango_layout_get_extents: assertion `layout != NULL' failed
  window.show_all ()
/usr/local/share/kodi/FEH.py:88: PangoWarning: pango_layout_set_attributes: assertion `layout != NULL' failed
  window.show_all ()
/usr/local/share/kodi/FEH.py:88: GtkWarning: gtk_widget_size_allocate(): attempt to allocate widget with width 14 and height -307849
  window.show_all ()
/usr/local/share/kodi/FEH.py:88: GtkWarning: gtk_widget_size_allocate(): attempt to allocate widget with width 4 and height -153935
  window.show_all ()
/usr/local/share/kodi/FEH.py:88: GtkWarning: gtk_widget_size_allocate(): attempt to allocate widget with width 4 and height -153929
  window.show_all ()
/usr/local/share/kodi/FEH.py:88: GtkWarning: IA__gdk_screen_get_default_colormap: assertion `GDK_IS_SCREEN (screen)' failed
  window.show_all ()
/usr/local/share/kodi/FEH.py:88: GtkWarning: IA__gdk_colormap_get_visual: assertion `GDK_IS_COLORMAP (colormap)' failed
  window.show_all ()
/usr/local/share/kodi/FEH.py:88: GtkWarning: IA__gdk_screen_get_root_window: assertion `GDK_IS_SCREEN (screen)' failed
  window.show_all ()
/usr/local/share/kodi/FEH.py:88: GtkWarning: IA__gdk_window_new: assertion `GDK_IS_WINDOW (parent)' failed
  window.show_all ()
Segmentation fault
  • 55(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
xbmc minified as a server?9