Hotter than my oven!
The default weather addon frequently reports temperatures that have absolutely nothing to do with reality. Yesterday, it was 381 degrees, for example. I can't find anything to change in the settings, just my city name, which is correct. Any thoughts?
try a different weather provider and post a debug log
yup, please post a Debug Log
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Okay, I'll post a debug log later. I am unable to try a different provider, because none of the others will install.
Do you put your htpc in sleep or suspend mode??

I noticed when I do that, every once in a while I get ridiculously high temps reported, but a refresh takes care of it.

It only happens after a sleep/wake cycle

I am on win 7, Eden, Transparency stable
(2012-06-05, 22:30)aptalca Wrote: Do you put your htpc in sleep or suspend mode??

I noticed when I do that, every once in a while I get ridiculously high temps reported, but a refresh takes care of it.

It only happens after a sleep/wake cycle

I am on win 7, Eden, Transparency stable
Yep, same here. I'm running Eden on Lubuntu 11.10. I wrote a little script that is executed upon resume from suspend to refresh the weather.
I noticed this on one of my pc's that is not always connected to the internet, I assumed that had something to do with it.....
if any of you could test the latest beta (v0.1.9) and let me know if that fixes the issue.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2012-06-06, 23:24)ronie Wrote: if any of you could test the latest beta (v0.1.9) and let me know if that fixes the issue.
I removed my script to refresh the weather on system resume, installed 0.1.9 and then tested the suspend/resume cycle a few times and now the temperature doesn't go crazy anymore! Tried the beta on two different systems with equal success. Thanks!
(2012-06-08, 08:38)artrafael Wrote:
(2012-06-06, 23:24)ronie Wrote: if any of you could test the latest beta (v0.1.9) and let me know if that fixes the issue.
I removed my script to refresh the weather on system resume, installed 0.1.9 and then tested the suspend/resume cycle a few times and now the temperature doesn't go crazy anymore! Tried the beta on two different systems with equal success. Thanks!

ok, thanx!
let me know in case the issue ever re-appears.
Upgraded to May release (version 12 alpha 2) and this problem is completely gone.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Hotter than my oven!0