• 6(current)
MCE Remote Turn ON HTPC FOUND! w/DONGLE in front of your CASE!
Anyone know where i can pick one of these bad boys up in the UK?
(2012-06-19, 07:14)Beer40oz Wrote: Ok now how do we get the dongle for $7 bucks? who do we contact? So I can update my first page.

I went here

http://www.rosewill.com/about/ContactUS.aspx

And filled out the form asking for a replacement part.

The part number on my invoice is "USB Receiver RHRC-11002"

XBMC specs: MINIX U9-H LibreELEC 4K all day

Home Theater - Samsung 65KS8000 - Denon 3200- Ascend Acoustics speakers - Maelstrom 18in sealed sub 7cu ft - Behringer EP2500

UNraid Server – Pentium G3258 – MSI - H81M-P33 – Antec HCG-400M PS - 8Gb RAM
Honestly skip the Harmony 300 and go for the 600/650 - programmable buttons on the LCD at the top make them MUCH more useful and they really don't cost a lot. Also, the timing is not that adjustable on the 300, the 600/650 work way better with MCE receivers in general.
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
(2012-06-19, 07:14)Beer40oz Wrote: @lagledavid

Woah... that dongle works miracles on other remotes... pretty interesting. Glad it worked for you too.... ain't it nice to turn on from your couch?

Yes eskro told me about that Rosewill that has the color keys on the bottom I listed it on my first page if you have not seen it.

Ok now how do we get the dongle for $7 bucks? who do we contact? So I can update my first page.

So you have the Harmony 300 and the Rosewill dongle and all buttons work.....
I see your Harmony also has the color buttons.... now you are tempting me to get this so I can control other equipment.

So you installed the RC6 software to map all the buttons?
http://xbmccustomregis.sourceforge.net/remote_auto.html

hmmmm i posted an a response last night now its gone thats strange, anyways joe_sun sent me the link to ge the dongle and as far as maping the buttons i just used the harmony software and assigned the buttons according to the xbmc cheat sheet, Works without fail. as far as getting a better remote sure if you got the money ( I dont ) picked a couple of them up when they were $15 everything works fine very pleased, smooth as butter.
My HTPC AMD A8-3870K CPU/ SilverStone ML03B/ASRock MB-A75M /Seasonic SS-400ET/Corsair XMS3 4GB
Rosewill RHRC-11002 Windows 7 Certified MCE IR Remote Controller + Small USB Dongle Type, with Netflix CD

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...1008-L026C

14.99 w/code EMCNDHJ92 at newegg

My HTPC AMD A8-3870K CPU/ SilverStone ML03B/ASRock MB-A75M /Seasonic SS-400ET/Corsair XMS3 4GB
(2012-06-21, 18:12)lagledavid Wrote: Rosewill RHRC-11002 Windows 7 Certified MCE IR Remote Controller + Small USB Dongle Type, with Netflix CD

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...1008-L026C

14.99 w/code EMCNDHJ92 at newegg

Yup that is the one I got to test the dongle out... it don't have the color buttons....

But I would recommend if you are also looking for a remote with the color buttons (they are useful) then just get the

RRC-126 ..... they had it on sale too one day....

even not on sale it's a good buy....

Cheers...

And if you just need the dongle it can be had for $7 bucks...
Without reading every page, i just want to ask a few questions.

So this dongle will turn your htpc on from an S5 state?

Do you still need an asrock board with CIR thing? Im going to assume so, but my guess is this remote and dongle are alot better then asrocks?

No CIR needed on my set up.

However, the other night I was messing around in windows and was turning the PC to hibernate and using the front button to turn off the pc. The next time I used the HTPC, the remote would not turn it on. A power cycle and unplugging the dongle and back in did the trick to get it to work again. Not sure why.

A good idea is to only use the menus to turn off the HTPC. Otherwise, you risk having the dongle not registers ON commands for some reason.
Theater: The PS4/XBONE killer running Kodi 17.3 3D Movie Box: Raspberry Pi running LibreElec 8.0 Alpha BROKEN Family Room: "A6-Pack" running Kodi 17.3 Whole House: FireTV running Kodi 17.3
Really no cir needed? Your sig lists an A6 pack, I think that has an Asrock board with CIR or whatever? Hope to be proven wrong though!
Correct. I never installed the CIR pins nor the CIR software from Asrock.
Theater: The PS4/XBONE killer running Kodi 17.3 3D Movie Box: Raspberry Pi running LibreElec 8.0 Alpha BROKEN Family Room: "A6-Pack" running Kodi 17.3 Whole House: FireTV running Kodi 17.3
(2012-06-23, 01:24)ragedogg69 Wrote: Correct. I never installed the CIR pins nor the CIR software from Asrock.

Yes... this is correct... Blush
Oh wow, so just to clarify, and i only ask one more time just to be sure because I will likely spend a decent amount on an htpc so i need to be sure.....

i can purchase any motherboard i like and this will wake my pc from s5!?

Last time i ask but spending hundreds i need to be sure.

Also curious why eskro does not mention this in his guide yet? This would be the easiest solution ever!

Thank you in advance.
(2012-06-23, 13:53)Ghostdivision Wrote: Oh wow, so just to clarify, and i only ask one more time just to be sure because I will likely spend a decent amount on an htpc so i need to be sure.....

i can purchase any motherboard i like and this will wake my pc from s5!?

Last time i ask but spending hundreds i need to be sure.

Also curious why eskro does not mention this in his guide yet? This would be the easiest solution ever!

Thank you in advance.

Eskro has not updated his guides.... he has been busy at the moment. There are many things that need to be updated like power supplies too but that will require a lot of work because that will change pricing and such on many things...

So it's a guide .... it's not our job. I know he is tired too. Boards just keep repeating themselves...

And if you have read it has been working on our Asrock's not sure about other mother boards....

Now you can try with something different if you like and give us results.... we need more people to try different things.

Maybe someone can confirm it works on a different motherboard.... it's only $15-25 to try...

Big Grin

Some questions I have regarding this solution:
- are there any hardware dependencies (e.g. does it only work with specific motherboards?)
- is the reception for the dongle strong enough that it can be installed in the back of the case or even internally? I would like to keep the front of the case clean.
- how does this solution compare to other solutions such as:
A) Simerec
B) Flirc.tv
C) Cases with integrated IR
(2012-06-24, 20:56)jaochoo Wrote: Some questions I have regarding this solution:
- are there any hardware dependencies (e.g. does it only work with specific motherboards?)
- is the reception for the dongle strong enough that it can be installed in the back of the case or even internally? I would like to keep the front of the case clean.
- how does this solution compare to other solutions such as:
A) Simerec
B) Flirc.tv
C) Cases with integrated IR

Most all of this is answered in some respect in this thread itself, including the previous post.
The Mi7 (full specs)
HTPC: Antek ISK 300 | Pico 160 | ASRock z77E | i7 3770S | GSkill Ares 8GB | BigShuriken 2 | Crucial 64 SSD
TOYS: Panasonic TC-P58S2 | Onkyo TX-SR608 | Atlantic Tech 2400 | Harmony 1 | iPazzPort ProMini | Mohu 1000 | HomeRun Dual | 2x2TB NAS
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MCE Remote Turn ON HTPC FOUND! w/DONGLE in front of your CASE!4