ios 5.1.1 update pros and cons
(2012-06-12, 13:38)jpcolin Wrote: I can remember a threat where you said that it was impossible to boot with xbmc, some weekslater i was possible ;-)
just to say never say never ;-)

Yeah and some weeks even later when iOS 5 was out it isn't possible again. I would say 1:1. Smile
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Jeezeeee guys, everyone take a deep breath and remember its not that big of a deal to push a button a second time. I'm sure the guys have much bigger fish to fry.

Look at it as an opportunity, not a negative. Just think of all the extra calories you burn now. I'm even working on a new workout video where you can actually add muscle mass to your thumbs (notice I used plural as we must work both sides to maintain symmetry). And push one, lift two, push three. And do it again, two, three. Right about now I'm seeing Richard Simmons as my lead star it.

Just a little humor to tame the savage beast. ;-)Big Grin:
I backed up the XBMC folder on my ATV 2 and then updated to 5.0.2.

Seas0nPass went off without a hitch to do the update. Seriously... it's the smoothest update and jailbreak I've ever done.

I installed XBMC as mentioned in the sticky thread. Then I copied the XBMC backup back to the ATV 2. We are watching Mythbusters as I type this. It seems to have really gone off without a hitch.

If I have problems, I'm going back to 4.2.1!
(2012-06-12, 19:04)Memphiz Wrote: Yes i do. There is no app without a submenu. And there was never an app without submenu on iOS 4.3 either.

Thanks for the clarification Memphiz, Id assumed that the menu's that appear once you start an app were all internal to the app, as they have branding, custom layout and content etc. Im guessing you cant use that as you would lose the custom theme's etc.

Personally I have no problem clicking twice to go into XBMC.
The only other use I have for my AppleTV is Netflix, and if I could put a shortcut to that app on the XBMC favourites/shortcut list...

Cheers
John

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ios 5.1.1 update pros and cons 0