FullHD fanless replacement for ATV2
I have been using xbmc since the xbox 1 years and love it still very very much. I have since upgraded to a ATV since 2 years, but now I have a FullHD tv and want to build an htpc with is capable of outputting FullHD. And the ATV2 does the job, but is still limited also in interface speed.

My storage is on a NAS so it only has to play xmbc.The only problem I have is that i like it to be fanless. Can someone recommend a setup that can run fanless with fullhd. I still have a TF5 laying around to build it in.

ATV1 with CrystalHD card installed running Crystalbuntu would be a fanless upgrade for you.
My Living Room Theater XBMC Mini-ITX Build
CASE: MI-100 - MOBO: ASRock A75M-ITX - APU: A6-3500
Kingston 4GB 1600MHz - SanDisk 128GB SSD -- DVDRW
W7 HP - Kodi 15 - Confluence | ATV1 w/BCM970015 & Crystalbuntu in the BR
The Shuttle XS35 is what you are looking for. Of course, it's getting a little old - I think there are some newer fanless machines just hitting the market (Relia), though I haven't seen much regarding using XBMC on them yet.
this: http://aleutia.com/relia-fanless-industrial-pc

Is not far from this, which I built as a replacement to my Shuttle XS35GT:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=131088

...now that I have moved from Openelec to Windows it's running like a charm, is silent and super fast. And probably a lot cheaper to build your own, it's quite easy these days.

Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
(2012-06-04, 01:54)teaguecl Wrote: The Shuttle XS35 is what you are looking for. Of course, it's getting a little old - I think there are some newer fanless machines just hitting the market (Relia), though I haven't seen much regarding using XBMC on them yet.

better make sure its the gt version thats what happened to me bought one used non-gt and will not play HD
My HTPC AMD A8-3870K CPU/ SilverStone ML03B/ASRock MB-A75M /Seasonic SS-400ET/Corsair XMS3 4GB

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
FullHD fanless replacement for ATV20