Win Using local images as thumbnails
I am new to XBMC, having migrated from Boxee. I use Windows 7. I have got XBMC working well except for one area and that is thumbnails for tv shows and documentaries.

I have a number of jpegs and pngs that I have placed in the folder with the given show, but XBMC seems to not consider local images. From my experience it uses the scraper to find an image online and show data, but if it cannot identify the show, then no image. i get it happening a lot with National Geographic and History Channel shows. Since I have the poster art placed in the folder, why won't XBMC just use my local art in lieu of finding it online?

Perhaps there is a way to use my local images that I have not figured out?

I was reading anout a folder called userdata/thumbnails, but I cannot find it. any one have the complete path in windows 7?

Thanks for the help.

Hairyshark
Here's some reading about that:

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add...s/TV_shows

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Thumbnails
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Thank you Martin, I'll read these over and see where it gets me.
You can just batch rename all the jpgs to tbn files.
I did this as I already had high res poster thumbs as well as nfo files which I'd generated with a program called thumbgen when I had a wdtv.
xbmc reads folder.tbn before any other thumbs, so I find it more useful to have each movie in a separate folder with its respective folder.tbn and nfo file.
folder.jpg is all you need if you have your movies in separate folders.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

(2012-06-04, 00:41)jmarshall Wrote: folder.jpg is all you need if you have your movies in separate folders.

With movies in separate folders, will there be issues if you have both folder.jpg and <moviename>.tbn in the movie directory? Is there any benefit to having both?

I'm setting up a shared mysql database and hoping if the thumbnail files are stored locally in each movie directory they will show up on each install. This didn't work in my first attempt a while ago, but I'll see if it works again.
(2012-06-11, 21:52)NickSoapdish Wrote:
(2012-06-04, 00:41)jmarshall Wrote: folder.jpg is all you need if you have your movies in separate folders.

With movies in separate folders, will there be issues if you have both folder.jpg and <moviename>.tbn in the movie directory? Is there any benefit to having both?

I'm setting up a shared mysql database and hoping if the thumbnail files are stored locally in each movie directory they will show up on each install. This didn't work in my first attempt a while ago, but I'll see if it works again.
No, you can have both... XBMC will see folder.jpg as a cover regardless of it's library status.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Using local images as thumbnails0