Default Web Interface Play movie problems
Hello everybody,

Currently i'm having a problem with the default web interface of XBMC v11 EDEN on Window 7.
When I play a movie using the remote on XBMC it shows what's playing in the web interface this is good and works.
When I play a movie using the web interface (Movies->Select movie->Play button) I see the grey area where the info should be shown but no information and I can't stop the movie.

I've tried this in 2 different XBMC installs and have the same problem.

Question: Are other people having this problem?

I've looked into the problem and I can solve it myself using Fiddler to inject JSON-RPC.
The problem seems to be the fact that the web interface information is taken from the XBMC playlist object.
This playlist is not made when the web interface does the Player.Open JSON-RPC call.
If I push the JSON call {"jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "PlayList.Add", "params": { "playlistid": 1, "item": { "movieid": 1 } }, "id": 1} after the Player-Open I see the buttons and can stop the movie.

Before I post a bug-report I would like to know if it is only me or if there are other people with this problem. Or if anyone has a solution that would be welcome aswell.

Gr.
Willem
Submitted the bug and was solved a different way. Made it to 12.0 :-)

Ticket #13084 (closed Bugs: Fixed)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Default Web Interface Play movie problems0