For those of us with a HTPC over WiFi...
I went through the forum didn't see this issue, if I've missed it go ahead and shoot me. I've got everything working great, and by the way what an app....and for the best media player software ever. My only problem is since my HTPC is connected by WiFi to the network, ZOTAC ITXH55-C-E with WiFi module doesn't support Wake over WLAN or WoWLAN(not in the BIOS either), so I have to turn on the HTPC manually. It would be very hard to run an Ethernet cable in my situation. Is there a BlueTooth dongle to be had(since XBMC Remote works on my Samsung Galaxy Tab which also is BlueTooth) that XBMC Remote can talk to over BlueTooth? I know it's a lot, to simply close that two wire circuit to turn on the HTPC, but I'm so close to one gadget controlling everything in my home theater...I can taste the laziness...

BTW - If your going the ITX route to a HTPC, Mini PCI Express 1.0 spec shows a wake pin in the connectors pin-out diagram, make sure your new motherboard supports power to Mini PCI Express bus for WiFi module to stay on low power when your HTPC is off. If not available already, they're coming. The spec has been around for years, why ZOTAC would sell a motherboard/WiFi module combo, obviously aimed at the HTPC market, which didn't utilize that wake pin....is beyond me.

- Set271

"If you can't say what you mean, you will never mean what you say." - JMS

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
For those of us with a HTPC over WiFi...0