Win XBMC Updates - New Ideas - ETC
Wink 
Hi XBMC,

First, to the writers, Outstanding work, just installed the latest beta version and it is running smoothly. KEWL!

I would like to see...

Edit movie title in the Video Files section. When i have to add a movie and change a title manually, I have to exit the video files section, go to the movie section locate the movie change the title, exit the video section, return to the video section, locate the next problem child and repeat, very annoying.

An easy way to change the movie in the video files section. Occasionally When adding a new movie, the scraper come up with some bizzare movie title and its a bugger to change. example "Alien 3 (DC) - 1993" loaded as "Alien 3000", some weird b grade movie (so was alien 3 really but thats another discussion), and to get XBMC to change this just doesnt want to happen.
Click on change content takes you to the scraper thing, cant change the title there. Perhaps a tab to manually enter the title there to fix this problem.

Again, as there are obviously others out there who want this, the Tagging of alternative cuts of movies. My suggestion (as shown above) is (DC) in brackets to show the title is a directors cut, others could be
DC - Directors Cut
SE - Special Edition
OP - Original Print
TP - Theatrical Print
EC - Extended Cut
FE - Fan Edit
Im sure there would be others and i urge other users to add there suggestions on this thread.

Im not sure however if this would be part of the Program, or would this be the job of the Scraper?

Cheers and keep up the great work !

Movie Information -> Refresh.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Movie information -> Refresh,
I guess that refers to when XBMC grabs the wrong information from The movie DB ?
This will go and grab the same information from the movie db, but it doesn't allow you to change the movie title or enter your own information.
Thus Alien 3 (DC) - 1993, will refresh as Alien 3000, no matter how many times you push refresh.
Sorry JMarshall, but no good.
Since you are a developer, how about some answers to the other questions?
Cheers
See the Manual button when it pops up with the choices.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Many Appologies JMarshall, That does work, I'll be buggered why i couldnt get that to work yesterday. Oh well all good now, Thanks for that one,

But now, how about the other questions Huh

Anyone...

Hmm....

Already requested: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=85405
Rainbow 
Hi Fice,
Have already looked at that thread and although the idea is similar, it it somewhat different to what i suggest.
I was wondering however, for the DC SE TC thingo, would that be the job of the scraper ?
for example if themoviedb scraper was to ignore the (DC) in brackets then it would still scrape the movie with no problem.
then have the scraper just append the (DC) back into the movie title as it already edits the movie title anyway.
I think that would do the job.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Updates - New Ideas - ETC1