Win Windows Automatically Maximize
Hey guys

I have another issue, as I use my HTPC in a hometheatre all my controlling is done through iPAD

i am using XBMC and after a few days of tweaking all is okay.

Now I am running in FULL SCREEN MODE as in I added advancedsettings.xml and am now using FULL SCREEN MODE this has reduced my crashes basically

Now issue is sometime the window gets minimized, and I have to go back to control room attach a keyboard and maximize it, is there any way either the window never minimize (usually when I turn off teamViewer software)

Of if it does somehow I can automatically maxmize it
If you run XBMC.exe again it will restore the instance that is already running. For example on my MCE remote I have the green button configurted to send the keypress ctrl-shift-X, and I have this keypress assigned as the shortcut for the XBMC icon in the start menu. The end result is that pressing ctrl-shift-X launches XBMC. So if XBMC ever gets minimised, or if I accidentally close it, I just press the green button and XBMC is restored.

I don't know if this could be done from an iPad though I'd guess not, but you could connect an MCE remote as a backup for if XBMC gets minimised.
I do have a CRESTON system, and am using SilverStone CW-02 which has iMon based IR Controller, my CRESTON programming was okay but weirdly when I press the green button it opens XBMC when I use the controller manually but when I open it using my CRESTON controller it opens Windows media Centre no idea what shit that is :S.

I know and also if the instance is already running and I press the button it will maximize but sadly IR is line of sight and I think I would have to have my CRESTON programming done again.

But isn't there any RUN application softwarwe etc

Like this software RESTART on CRASH it resets application if it detects it is closed

Some software which maximizes it if ti detects it is minimized?
You could use EventGhost to maximize the window.
2 features XBMC REALLY needs.

1) Stay on top (cannot be minimized by an app)
2) force to a specific display: command line option, watch for display to connect, etc

I have a dual display and it really sucks trying to remote in (VNC, etc) and do something - then XBMC minimizes. I know it is possible for XBMC to stay on top, WMC does it.
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
Exactly I completely agree. Controlling from a Remote control, and not a mouse and keyboard, this thing really is a pain.

WMC did have it, and XBMC does too but if it crashes and is Re-Run there is this window always there "XBMC Stopped Working..." and a "close" button at the bottom.

Now until I click close nothing will happen, that is a real pain.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Windows Automatically Maximize0