Question on installing on Apple TV
Hi all,

Apologies if this sounds like a bit of a stupid question. I have been using XBMC on my laptops for the last number of years, and recently I got bought an Apple Tv3, and I know it will be a while before the device can be jail broken. My query is, when a jailbreak solution is available to use and if I install XBMC on my Apple Tv, does it delete all the existing functionality of the device, or does it get installed on the device as a separate program that is accessible from the main menu. The only reason I am asking is that I use the existing features to play and stream music from my computers, and would hate to install XBMC only to find that it completely wiped the existing features.

Thanks for your help.
It installs like an app, everything stays the same. Like opening up youtube or netflix etc. This is covered in the FAQ: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=XBM...V2Software
Set Up
Raspberry Pi running Raspbmc - XBMC 12.2
40" Samsung ES6800 LED Smart 3D 1080P TV
Onkyo HTS3405 5.1 DD True HD and DTS-HD Surround Sound
ReadyNAS Duo with 4TB (2 x 2TB X-RAID) Western Digital Caviar Green using NFS
Well, typical jailbreaks completely wipe all settings. Yes, XBMC installs as an app, but you'll have wiped all your Frontrow settings prior.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Question on installing on Apple TV0