Linux XBMC audio out through usb
im trying to get audio out through my audiolab m-dac using usb

xbmc seems to recognises the m-dac as it comes up in the audio output settings
but am i ever going to get it to work if i cannot set my audio output to usb?

the only options i seem to have are

optical/coax
hdmi and analog

What's the output of aplay -l?
i dont know what it means but it dosent sound too great

ALSA lib pcm_dmix.c:1018Sadsnd_pcm_dmix.open) unable to open slave aplay: main:660: audio open error:
no such file or directory
Yikes, that's not good. I'm not sure what it all means, but it's not good. You may want to try reinstalling ALSA, but this is out of my league. I wish I could offer you more help.
Your soundcard has analog and digital outputs, which you can select with the audio output settings in XBMC.
XBMC doesn't know how your soundcard is connected, and it doesn't have to know, all that matters is that there's an audio output available through alsa or pulseaudio.
thanks for the replys but its a bit too little too late ive given up on xbmcbuntu, i spent 4 days reading, searching and pulling my hair out, support is very slow in coming if at all which just adds to the frustration.

I installed windows on my htpc and i took my all of about 4 hours to get everything working, xbmc to boot from start, sabnzb to start in the background, sound to come through my hifi system using usb, ect ect ect.
all in about 4 hours!

xbmcbuntu sounds like a great idea but imo you need a to have good idea about linux or have a lot of time on your hands to learn as you go, oh and a lot of patience!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC audio out through usb0