no\low volume in some sounds
setup: Windows 7, amd E-350 processor, XBMC 10.1, Realtek sound driver, a Stereo (2.0 speakers) reciever connected analog to my PC.
problem: in HD movies (DTS etc.) in some sounds (mainly talking) the volume is extremly low, almost unheard.
my thoughts: since those sounds are usually of someone talking from "a far", i thought this might have to do with me not having a Dolby 5.1 sound while the movie is decoded that way.
I've tried: to change the audio setting in XBMC while playing the movie, but i can't change from DTS to, let's say, stereo. this option is not availble. moreoever, i made sure my XBMC speaker setup is set to 2.0.

*an important addition: In those movies all the "talking" volume (not just from a-far) is considerbly low compared to the music level during the movie.

any thoughts?
thanks...
In settings\system\Audio output set "Boost volume level on downmix" to on. That usually fixes low 5.1 and 7.1 volume issues on stereo setups.
it's already turned on..
Blu-rays have an extremely wide dynamic range. If you want the voice higher and the difference between voices and music/explosions equalized you are going to have to use some form of DRC either in Windows or on your receiver. You can do this in Windows by looking at audio settings and checking "volume normalization". I do this on my stereo setup because I have to increase the volume to 75% to hear anybody talking, but when an explosion comes it is absolutely deafening.
Try this:

http://www.trishtech.com/win7/enable_lou...dows_7.php

Turn on loudness equalizer.
I recommend immediate mode off.
Image [RELEASE] Metroid
Image [RELEASE] IrcChat
thanks guys. it seems to work real fine (i currently don't have a good explosion movie to check it though). only trouble is the affect it will have on the music quality - this remains to be seen.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
no\low volume in some sounds0