JSON-RPC API: GetMovieDetails() by path / Or: Get Library ID of playing media
Hi,
I have a question about json queries. Im new into this, so I think theres a better solution at what im doing right now.
Currenlty i'm getting all movies/series with "GetMovies" / "GetEpisodes", then i search for the info i want. Thats not very efficient with large databases.

Is there a way for accessing GetMovieDetails()/GetEpisodeDetails() by path. It seems only possible by Library ID. I need this infos for the currently playing movie/series.
Its possible to get Infos with "xbmc.Player().getVideoInfoTag()". But the ID is missing... So, the the only info i have is the path.

Does anyone know a smarter solution to get the media details?

Btw: Accessing details by path is possible with the HTTP API, but it will be gone with frodo, so its no solution.

Thanks in advance...
You should be able to get the ID in current master using dbid on the currently playing item (via infomanager) - let me know if this doesn't work.

We'd definitely want support for the id from the videoinfotag - if you want to take a crack yourself, check xbmc/interfaces/python/xbmcmodule/videoinfotag.cpp or thereabouts.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

(2012-06-06, 23:14)jmarshall Wrote: You should be able to get the ID in current master using dbid on the currently playing item (via infomanager) - let me know if this doesn't work.
Sorry, i'm using Eden final right now. Im going to check out the latest frodo version.
Could you please post a link/infos to the "infomanager" you mentioned, couldn't find much about it.

Edit: Are you talking about "xbmc.getInfoLabel('ListItem.DBID')"?
Only tested this under eden final (returns an empty string while playing media in fullscreen).
But I think this is not what youre talking about, because its for the selected Item (not for the playing media).

(2012-06-06, 23:14)jmarshall Wrote: We'd definitely want support for the id from the videoinfotag - if you want to take a crack yourself, check xbmc/interfaces/python/xbmcmodule/videoinfotag.cpp or thereabouts.
I dont have much experience in c++, but will have a look at this. Of course, if i can, i will try to help adding this missing id info to the videoinfotag.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
JSON-RPC API: GetMovieDetails() by path / Or: Get Library ID of playing media0