Newb trouble
Alright.. I am usually pretty good at figuring stuff out, but I seriously cannot figure out for the life of me how to locate a playlist, let a lone play or add/subtract from one. I had this installed many months ago and recall having insane issues with the playlist feature, and decided against using it and uninstalled it. Well, I re-downloaded the most recent release and still cannot figure out how to access the playlist features....Some help would be immensely appreciated before I pull my hair out. I rely pretty much only on PL when listening to music, and not having them is a pain in the ass. And what I have done so far is just add it to the music playlist directory in XBMC. Also, how do I select more than one artist to play at a time? or how do I play all my music instead of just a single folder? Yes, I have searched for answers and have not found anything satisfactory. Thanks in advance.

Light
Please read the following.
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Playlist
As far as playing all your music, go into library mode>songs>play to make it random switch to Now Playing screen and select random from the side panel.
Use Smart playlists to create multi artist playlists. There is a lot of options with Smart playlists so take your time and play around with it.
Also, the better your tags are on your music files the better all of this works. I find not having a gazillion sub genres is easier for some things.
Now an example:
You want to make a Dance playlist.
Go to Library>playlist>new smart playlist
Set up 3 rules, 1 rule = genre "House", 1, rule = genre "Trance", 1 rule = genre "Techno"
Make sure you select ANY rules apply in that section other wise it will look for songs that are tagged with all 3 genres.
Well start with that and have fun.
Thanks for the reply mate. I have already checked out the wiki and found it to be useless, personally. As for attempting to play all music, I do not have the option to do so. I right click and click play, and it just plays what is right clicked on. I am unable to play all music. It will just play a single folder. As for playlists, I don't have anything that I have found that even closely relates to playlists. IDK WTF is happening, but I don't have the option to play all, or make playlists. If necessary, I can take screen shots of the sub menu in the library. (The right click menu to be more precise)

Again, I really appreciate your help, but.. it just doesn't wanna work. :/

(2012-06-06, 23:56)Oli_Oops Wrote: Please read the following.
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Playlist
As far as playing all your music, go into library mode>songs>play to make it random switch to Now Playing screen and select random from the side panel.
Use Smart playlists to create multi artist playlists. There is a lot of options with Smart playlists so take your time and play around with it.
Also, the better your tags are on your music files the better all of this works. I find not having a gazillion sub genres is easier for some things.
Now an example:
You want to make a Dance playlist.
Go to Library>playlist>new smart playlist
Set up 3 rules, 1 rule = genre "House", 1, rule = genre "Trance", 1 rule = genre "Techno"
Make sure you select ANY rules apply in that section other wise it will look for songs that are tagged with all 3 genres.
Well start with that and have fun.

I'm starting to think that you are not in "library" mode. If you don't have the option of selecting Library mode from either the front page or from the side panel that means that you haven't scanned any songs into the library.
To scan songs into the library select the folder you want to add, right click > scan to library.
Play All should work in "files" mode.
In my setup I have a "music" folder with a bunch of subfolders, which could have many subfolders in them.
So one of my subfolders is "albums", inside that I have albums, each album gets its own folder.
If I want to play all tracks from all albums I right click on the "albums" subfolder and select play.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Newb trouble0