"Hidden Gem" in Windows 7... "Play to" M$'s version of Airplay
Came across an article in "Sound and Vision" magazine that mentioned an unknown (to me) feature in Windows 7, it's called "Play To" and it's a lot like Apple's Airplay: Link

I never used WMP so I hadn't "discovered" it earlier, just thought some others might not of heard of it either.
I love how you phrased it... "MS version of Airplay"... that is actually 100% in reverse.

Airplay is the Apple version of 'Play To' ... just like 90% of what Apple does, it is a copy of what others have already done, often years prior to Apple doing it.

Yes, that other 10% is what Apple actually does first. Of course, unless you are an Apple zombie and then Apple does everything first... all 150% of everything.
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
Apple VERY rarely invent anything. They just take the credit for ideas others invented. Then they sue when someone else uses that idea they stole.
HTPC: Motherboard: Asus F2A85-V, CPU: AMD A10 6800K, RAM: Kingston XMP BEAST 16GB, Samsung 840 EVO 250GB, LG CH12NS30 Blu-Ray drive, Samsung, and WD various 2 and 3TB for storage, Windows 8.1, one for all remote/FLIRC, Logitech z906 surround system.
who cares?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"Hidden Gem" in Windows 7... "Play to" M$'s version of Airplay0