Audio out of sync switching to 1080p24
I've tried searching for this issue but haven't found anything that describes my exact issue.

Ok, so if I have my main display set to 1080p60 and play movies, the audio is synced fine. And if I have my main display set to 1080p24 and play a movie, everything is fine.

But if I have my main display set to 1080p60, but set playback to "Adjust display refresh rate to match video", when I play a movie, the system switches to 1080p24 like it should, but the audio is just slightly out of sync, my guess would be anywhere between 20-50ms, usually ahead. However, if I skip the video foward or backwards by a few seconds, the audio becomes resynced to the video. So this is not something I can fix by adjusting the audio delay in my receiver.

I'm running this on a Zotac AD-04 (E-450 CPU) running the latest Eden 11.0

My display drivers come from Zotac and when I go into the AMD control panel for the display and have it check for updates, it states I am up to date.

I'm pretty familiar with computers, but I don't know much about XBMC and this is the only hurtle I have come across so far. Any guidance would be much appreciated.

Edit: Oh, I have an audio delay set to 5 seconds when the system switches, which is more then what is truly needed.

What XBMC are you using? With AMD under llinux (Openelec) I found sync a consistent issue @ 24P - not so under Windows. Linux AMD is still a bit shakey.

Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
(2012-06-07, 04:59)bossanova808 Wrote: What XBMC are you using? With AMD under llinux (Openelec) I found sync a consistent issue @ 24P - not so under Windows. Linux AMD is still a bit shakey.

No offense, but I posted this under the "Windows" section.

ha - woops sorry - came in via new posts Wink
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
(2012-06-07, 04:26)Hotpocketdeath Wrote: I've tried searching for this issue but haven't found anything that describes my exact issue.

Ok, so if I have my main display set to 1080p60 and play movies, the audio is synced fine. And if I have my main display set to 1080p24 and play a movie, everything is fine.

But if I have my main display set to 1080p60, but set playback to "Adjust display refresh rate to match video", when I play a movie, the system switches to 1080p24 like it should, but the audio is just slightly out of sync, my guess would be anywhere between 20-50ms, usually ahead. However, if I skip the video foward or backwards by a few seconds, the audio becomes resynced to the video. So this is not something I can fix by adjusting the audio delay in my receiver.

I'm running this on a Zotac AD-04 (E-450 CPU) running the latest Eden 11.0

My display drivers come from Zotac and when I go into the AMD control panel for the display and have it check for updates, it states I am up to date.

I'm pretty familiar with computers, but I don't know much about XBMC and this is the only hurtle I have come across so far. Any guidance would be much appreciated.

Edit: Oh, I have an audio delay set to 5 seconds when the system switches, which is more then what is truly needed.
An issue which unfortunately has plagued xbmc for sometime, however for many, the introduction of the new Audio Engine to the mix has cured this. If you want you could try the nightly builds, which now include the AE engine, but be aware that these are still development builds and can be prone to breakage. Also the development cycle has changed slightly - more on the blog on the xbmc home page.

Here is a link to the nightlies http://mirrors.xbmc.org/nightlies/win32/ - better to choose a build from the middle to the end of the month as these are builds where features are frozen and less susceptible to errors. Early month builds are extremely developmental.

Good luck and welcome.
You can also read more about this issue in this tread

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=80247&page=23
System: XBMC Gotham 13.1, HTPC: AMD 6450 1GB, Intel i5 3470S, 8GB DDR3, ASUS P8H61-M PRO, OCZ SSD Agility 3, NYXboard Hybrid Remote
Surround: NAD M15HD2, NAD M25, B&W 803 Diamond, B&W DB1, B&W HTM4, Pioneer KRP-600A / Panasonic 65VT50
(2012-06-07, 06:27)bossanova808 Wrote: ha - woops sorry - came in via new posts Wink

No problem. I can understand why that question would be important though.

(2012-06-07, 09:28)steelman1991 Wrote: An issue which unfortunately has plagued xbmc for sometime, however for many, the introduction of the new Audio Engine to the mix has cured this. If you want you could try the nightly builds, which now include the AE engine, but be aware that these are still development builds and can be prone to breakage. Also the development cycle has changed slightly - more on the blog on the xbmc home page.

Here is a link to the nightlies http://mirrors.xbmc.org/nightlies/win32/ - better to choose a build from the middle to the end of the month as these are builds where features are frozen and less susceptible to errors. Early month builds are extremely developmental.

Good luck and welcome.

I'll give them a shot and see if it helps me.

(2012-06-07, 09:59)torcar Wrote: You can also read more about this issue in this tread

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=80247&page=23

That was one of the threads I looked at before, but after doing some reading, I determined it was not the same thing I was experiencing. The impression I got was that their sync issue was a persistent issue that affected the video as a whole. But that didn't seem like the same problem. XBMC can play with everything synced, but only becomes temporarily un-synced when I start a new video from the beginning but can be corrected by skipping to a different part of the video.

Maybe I stopped reading to soon, so I'll go back and finish reading the thread.

Well... to sum up my experience...
It seems to me that you have the same issues as discussed in the thread I posted.
Also, I think the nightlies with Audio Engine will help you, but it may nok cure the problem completely.
I have also experienced that the audio sync goes from perfect to bad within seconds just to correct itself again. And yes... sometimes a stop/start, pause, skip or reboot will cure it temporarily.
System: XBMC Gotham 13.1, HTPC: AMD 6450 1GB, Intel i5 3470S, 8GB DDR3, ASUS P8H61-M PRO, OCZ SSD Agility 3, NYXboard Hybrid Remote
Surround: NAD M15HD2, NAD M25, B&W 803 Diamond, B&W DB1, B&W HTM4, Pioneer KRP-600A / Panasonic 65VT50
Well, looks like the AE builds work for me.

I played a few videos last night and the audio appeared to be synced. If the audio is still not synced, then it's not enough for me to perceive.
Glad to hear it - now enjoy some awesomeness with xbmc
I am very interested in testing this as well, having similar sync issues. What I am currently a little puzzled about:

Which build would be safest to choose, any nightlies that you can recommend?

Also, I don't really understand the state of the snapshots (12.0_alpha1 etc.), are these the versions at the beginning or at the end of the cycle (meaning, do they include the bugfixes from this cycle?)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Audio out of sync switching to 1080p240