Win playing Wii games
Hello,

I read alot about playing wii games on xbmc. How is this possible?

Can i just download some games en play them with my 360controller on the pc?
I'm sure an emulator like dolphin will have to be used with advanced launcher.
Just download the games install dolphin etc.?

Just like other roms?

How is it to play with a 360 controller? Because normal on a wii console you use the motionplay.
(2012-06-07, 10:09)g.scholtens Wrote: Just download the games install dolphin etc.?

Just like other roms?

How is it to play with a 360 controller? Because normal on a wii console you use the motionplay.
Yes, just like other roms. For the controler, it is effectively more difficult. You could assign 360 actions and controller buttons to the Wii controler settings into dolphin... but for certain games, that need motion play or all the possible moves and buttons, it will be difficult to play them. Ideally you need to have a Wii Remote recognized by your HTPC/XBMC system.

I don't think this thread will last long if you talk about downloading games.

Head over to the dolphin website to learn how to set up controllers and things. If you don't have a real wiimote, then you can use a controller, but as Angelscry says, you won't be able to play all games.
You have to download and configure dolphin yourself. IIRC you have to download some bin files which are dumps of wii/gamecube "stuff" to have working audio, which is illegal if you dont own a wii/gamecube so i wont point you anywhere there. Then after that just put all of your legally dumped wii isos in a folder and point it to it. Then launch a game. There are options for a widescreen hack and for antialaising and higher res in the video settings

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
playing Wii games0