Update Library
Lightbulb 
I better stop coming up with ideas or you'll get sick of me.

An update library Tab on the settings bar.

Although I can find the update library things afer some time though, when i need it. (Sometimes i just shut it down and start it up again, its quicker than going through all those menus)

For my elderly parents, for whom i have set this up. To get to update library, No chance.

So a tab on the settings bar would be nice

Thanks again guys.

Rev Col
You can already achieve something very similar to this using an addon.

If you grab the library update addon from the official repo you can add it to your programs menu. When you run the program it will update your video library.

Chris
What's the difference between having it in a submenu of the settings or in the context menu when browsing videos or music?
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Tongue 
Thanks Chris, I cant find that one, I have the auto updater switched on, as thats the only library updater i can find.

But i cant find just Library Update addon, can ou point me in the right direction.

and montellese, i explained, update library is burried in menus, and tricky to get to sometimes, especially for my oldies, and even harder from remote not keyboard. Thats why i would like it as a tab on the settings tab on the main menu.

It should be in the Addon Repo under Service Addons.

It can be configured to run at regular intervals, but you can also run it manually from the menu.

Details can be found in the forum thread here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=119520

Chris
Why not map a remote button to do the function for them?
Are we talking about different things? There's no need to "going through all those menus" to get to the library update functionality. You only have to bring up one menu and that's the context menu. Plus IMO it has the advantage that it's accessible right from within the library so if I browse my movies and suddenly notice "Hm there's a movie missing", I press the Context menu button on my remote, press Up to get to "Update library" and I'm good. Having it as a submenu of Settings would mean I would have to go back out of the movies list (depending on the skin etc that involves several presses on the Back key), then go a few times right (at least in Confluence) till I reach the Settings tab and then down to get to the submenu. Plus there's no single "Update library" command. You have to start the library update for videos and music seperately.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Just install the Library Watchdog addon (http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=128896). It automatically updates your xbmc library whenever you add new media....so you never have to manually trigger a library update. It works great.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Update Library0