Windows rewind sucks
I have a fairly new built A6-3500 with 4gb RAM running XBMC 11.0 on Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit. Why is rewind so crazy? Whenever I'm watching a 720p mkv or divx movie or TV show, and I press rewind, it is almost impossible to control. It jumps way back, then when I push play again, the video has to catch up to the audio, so it speeds way up for a second or two. I don't remember this happening when I ran XBMC Live on my Revo 3610. It also doesn't do this on my ATV1 running CrystalBuntu. All my media is stored on a Unraid box, streaming over wired Cat5e ethernet cables.

Any suggestions? Does anyone else experience this?

Thanks,
Matt
My Living Room Theater XBMC Mini-ITX Build
CASE: MI-100 - MOBO: ASRock A75M-ITX - APU: A6-3500
Kingston 4GB 1600MHz - SanDisk 128GB SSD -- DVDRW
W7 HP - Kodi 15 - Confluence | ATV1 w/BCM970015 & Crystalbuntu in the BR
yes. It sucks.
Gotta be said that nvidia is still a lot smoother overall - on my ION machines, there's no 'no audio' bit after pause/seek at all - on my AMD A6 there is a good second+ of delay. And seek in general is better with FF/RW

Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
I found an old thread started by Beer 40 oz, and he said to turn off DXVA2. I'm gonna try that and see what happens. I'll let you know.
My Living Room Theater XBMC Mini-ITX Build
CASE: MI-100 - MOBO: ASRock A75M-ITX - APU: A6-3500
Kingston 4GB 1600MHz - SanDisk 128GB SSD -- DVDRW
W7 HP - Kodi 15 - Confluence | ATV1 w/BCM970015 & Crystalbuntu in the BR
That means you'll be rendering pure CPU I guess? I hear tell that's the best way but I suspect the A6 might not have the cahonas??
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
Rewind is working here, but there are a lot of variables that might give problems on your system. Please post a debug log. Enable debug logging from System settings, System, Debugging, and restart XBMC then wait a minute or two for all the startup tasks to finish. Play some suitable test film and jump ahead a bit by pressing the up arrow. Now start rewinding then play. Then stop the film and close XBMC.

Open the debug log by pressing Windows-R and in the Run dialog type:

Code:
"%appdata%\xbmc\xbmc.log"

(including the quotes). Click OK and the log should open in Notepad. Copy and paste the log into http://pastebin.com/ and post the link it gives you here.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Windows rewind sucks0